Album Review - Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 195 of 259.
01:34 PM on 07/09/13
Ryan Dennehy
Wow. Lol.
01:39 PM on 07/09/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Honestly why do you care so much about trying to prove my opinion wrong.
It's not the opinion that's wrong -- it's the statement. That's what bugs me.

Quote:
I never said yalls was wrong. I even said you were right cause its your opinion.
It's the statement that is incorrect -- it's not an opinion based argument. One can easily find as many songs not written by the performer that are emotional as there are unemotional trite garbage written by the performer. This correlation of real/fake is a non-starter.

It's a crutch, and critically lazy, to sit back and say "blah, band X didn't write this song therefore it's fake and not good." Especially given the history of Rock and Roll and songwriting.

Quote:
I listen to music I like in all sorts of genres as it comes to me. I am allowed to have personal taste though. If you wanna argue about it then I mean you can send me things in my inbox but I don't really care if you think you proved my opinion false. Its preposterous the very idea. Not everyone has the same taste in music or general overview opinions as you. That should not really be a issue.
I'd be willing to bet there were more people involved in the song-writing process then you're giving credit for for things you already listen to.

Quote:
I am willing to continue discussing it but no need to do it here.
Feel free to start a thread discussing music written by the performer or not ... I'll discuss it anywhere, it doesn't matter where.

Quote:
I was only talking about music I enjoy.
And I think it's very odd (and I'd wager not true) that you enjoy music written only by the performer. I mean, that takes out some of the greatest music ever recorded and countless genres that don't fit into this bubble.
01:40 PM on 07/09/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
01:50 PM on 07/09/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
It's not the opinion that's wrong -- it's the statement.

It's a crutch, and critically lazy, to sit back and say "blah, band X didn't write this song therefore it's fake and not good." Especially given the history of Rock and Roll and songwriting.

And I think it's very odd (and I'd wager not true) that you enjoy music written only by the performer. I mean, that takes out some of the greatest music ever recorded and countless genres that don't fit into this bubble.

Well I will give you one thing. You are right that its lazy to say if the singer did not write it than its not good. I guess thats what it came down to in the first place. I prefer songs in my library written by the performing artist more but I do see what you mean by it being a lazy crutch.

I never said once that I like music written only by the performer (just it happens to be the case most of the time). Stated that many of times. I guess taking your opinions what AJ stated was a little bold and over the top and even wrong I guess. I do understand his reasoning though.

AJ's tweet was overgeneralizing things but in the long run it does not really matter. Even if he is wrong. If he really felt that than thats his perspective. I think I jumped the shark to agree with it as its not 100% true but I find a 'vivid majority' of my favorite songs artists written.

I really don't find the need to start about it but thanks for the option.. Honestly I heard yall opinions and it did make me rethink what AJ's tweet said but surprised everyone was so vocal about this. Not trying to spark things up but just saying. Enjoyed the talk but I really gotta get back to work.

Edit: Also on a more relevant subject have they played any other songs from the album live yet other than sins and catholic girls. I know they are touring.
02:16 PM on 07/09/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
03:29 PM on 07/09/13
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
Well that got... annoying.
03:41 PM on 07/09/13
Oopz
Joe Shick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
http://bit.ly/12p2iXg There ya go bruv, that's when it was just done.
coolcoolcool
03:21 AM on 07/10/13
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
Tried to follow that conversation but all Searos' comments said the same thing so I just zoned out.
06:05 AM on 07/10/13
jorbjorb
User Info.
the 2 songs i heard so far are ok but do not compare to their last 2 albums.

i'm still optimistic to hear the rest of the album though.
10:29 AM on 07/10/13
sammyboy516
User Info.

See his twitter rant today?

Sorry if this is answered somewhere in this thread, but what did he rant about? Are you talking about those tweets about autotune pedals and "whet some of these bands get away with?"
10:35 AM on 07/10/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Sorry if this is answered somewhere in this thread, but what did he rant about? Are you talking about those tweets about autotune pedals and "whet some of these bands get away with?"
Yeah there was a bunch of stuff.
02:46 AM on 07/11/13
Siren
asdf
User Info.
At least you tried.
07:58 AM on 07/11/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
Transatlanticism is the album that does this perfectly, in my opinion.
Keep Calm and Transatlanticism.
10:17 AM on 07/12/13
loveisamixtape
Observer
User Info.
i really hope this is as good as RFTS, if not better

catholic girls rules
12:32 PM on 07/18/13
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
What genre? Their genre is dead. The Graduate, Acceptance, Valencia, Hit The Lights. Those kinds of bands don't exist anymore.

While I do agree that those bands are practically impossible to beat, I do not agree that the genre is dead. There's a few out there that are pretty awesome, but virtually unknown to most.

The American Scene, A Common Year, Brighter Brightest, I'd say From Indian Lakes is in a similar category, Strange Vacation seems to be pretty popular. But you're right for the most part, it's not the same anymore...
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums