Username
Password

Album Review - Page 16
Displaying posts 225 - 240 of 259.
07:36 AM on 08/06/13
tub and rug
Why don't you have a seat.....
User Info.
I absolutely love the songs Sins and Miles Apart but nothing else is really sticking out after a few listens.
07:54 AM on 08/06/13
tjdohner21
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i like this band a lot. the cd is not bad by any means, but imo i think they lost some originality with this cd. That and I love the passion with AJ, but it comes off as trying too hard alot in part. Wish the vocals weren't raspy the whole time unlike the previous albums. His yelling goes SHARP a lot during the cd. It'll be a grower for me. 7/10
08:12 AM on 08/06/13
Star Slight
User Info.
This album is not very good at all
08:24 AM on 08/06/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
This album is not very good at all
it's pretty horrible. yes.
08:42 AM on 08/06/13
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Yeah, I like it a lot.
10:43 AM on 08/06/13
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
On my third listen now. Not grabbing me immediately like War Paint did. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'll need more time with it. I definitely hear the change in AJ's voice, but I don't find it to be nearly as pronounced as a lot of people were making it out to be. Still sounds like AJ, still unique, and I don't find it to be too overbearing or raspy.

Still, though, in both of my subsequent listens, I've found myself most excited to hear "Catholic Girls" and "Miles Apart" again, two tracks I'd already heard prior.
12:03 PM on 08/06/13
Kobrakai09
Yeah, this is love.
User Info.
Album is good, but the vocals are actually a bit of a turn-off at times, which is a shame because I loved AJ's voice on previous albums.

Wish he'd focus more on tune and melody rather than sounding like he smokes 80 a day in every song.
12:31 PM on 08/06/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
I surprisingly liked this a bit, considering i gave no interest in the band before due to the drama bullshit.
12:55 PM on 08/06/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
For a band that has "bad band drama" to quote Jason, ha, they make some pretty swank records. I can't wait to check this thing out.
01:12 PM on 08/06/13
DarthMaul
User Info.
I was so disappointed by this album and it was one of my most anticipated ):

I guess Bryan had a lot to do with the guitar work on the first 2 albums.
01:47 PM on 08/06/13
LostInTheFlood
I Read but Rarely Comment
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really want to like this album, but I had to shut it off mid way through track 5.
04:22 PM on 08/06/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
War Paint =10, Golden Record=7.....maybe it's a grower, but there are some amazing songs on here, and then some really boring songs too
08:18 PM on 08/06/13
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
Miles Apart is a great jam
05:57 AM on 08/07/13
mvacare23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
After listening to this album in full over 10 times, I must disagree which is rare since I typically think Drew is spot on.... I loved TDS first 2 full lengths. Thought the musicianship was great, emotionally charged and just melodramatic to listen to, which I love. The thing that I simply cannot get into on this record is the vocal performance. I typically love emotional yells, etc. but it is way to excessive for me. I feel like the whole concept of singing was completely thrown out the window on this record. Call it whatever you like, but its just not for me.
09:11 AM on 08/07/13
bencoles
http://twitter.com/bencoles_
User Info.
I've enjoyed it. Miles Apart is one of their best songs. Will never surpass the first two records though. The end of Anchor as well... no no no.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests