Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 259.
10:03 AM on 07/08/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
obviously the only logical realistic way to prove your point would be to list every band ever that's had, let's say, 3 albums or more. then out of that short list show that the majority of them have changed their sounds throughout those albums.

should only take you 5 minutes or so

lolz

Read my reply, Gregory.
10:04 AM on 07/08/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
That's cool. I'm sure you'll name a few, but I'm just saying the majority of this scene and what people come to this site for don't.

Yet, the songs TDS write are still good. I don't get why someone would be disappointed with more of the same when all they do is bitch for it when the band does change.

And most the time it's slightly at best.
if you would've said "this scene" i would have agreed with you. but you flat out said "every band" lol
10:05 AM on 07/08/13
billyboatkid
User Info.
if you would've said "this scene" i would have agreed with you. but you flat out said "every band" lol

Haha okay my bad. But yeah, this scene.
10:05 AM on 07/08/13
Greg
User Info.
Read my reply, Gregory.
I agree with you. I believe most bands stick to the same "path", for the most part, for most of their career. I was just having fun.
10:06 AM on 07/08/13
Vanilla Bear
celebrate the irony
User Info.
I thought their last record was just okay and they'd get another average record out and be done like most pop punk bands these days. But the single and this review is promising, so I'll give it a try.
10:06 AM on 07/08/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
Haha okay my bad. But yeah, this scene.
im also on your side in that its not always a bad thing. i dont fault TDS for it (yet) but there will always be the inevitable point of diminishing returns for bands like this if they don't change things up.
10:08 AM on 07/08/13
BrendanMachow
User Info.
I also go out on a lot of late night highway drives.
That's the exact reason I'm dying for this record. I just know it's going to be the perfect record for that. I just want to fill my tank and squeeze at least two listens in.
10:10 AM on 07/08/13
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
I'm not interested in listening to or supporting bands that treat people like shit. Their music isn't very good anyways.
10:11 AM on 07/08/13
billyboatkid
User Info.
im also on your side in that its not always a bad thing. i dont fault TDS for it (yet) but there will always be the inevitable point of diminishing returns for bands like this if they don't change things up.

Very true. It can get quite stale if it's not dynamic enough. I won't lie. I wasn't the biggest fan of War Paint. But I have hope for this: while not being completely similar to RFTS it'll still grab my attention.

I have to point to what Drew said about Aj's lyrics. Those are what usually pull me into this band the most. Having previously disliked them immensely from their first EP. I also really dig the ambient spacey-rock type stuff. That they do on some tracks.

Edit: sorry for that long reply haha.
10:13 AM on 07/08/13
billyboatkid
User Info.
Anyone know when and where the new track is gonna be posted. Really interested in hearing that recorded. Acoustic video was awesome.
10:14 AM on 07/08/13
BrendanMachow
User Info.
Anyone know when and where the new track is gonna be posted. Really interested in hearing that recorded. Acoustic video was awesome.
2 PM EST today on altpress I believe.
10:15 AM on 07/08/13
NicolasD
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hopeless just posted that in the next hour the new song will be streaming! Stoked on checking how it turned out too!
10:16 AM on 07/08/13
BrendanMachow
User Info.
I'm not interested in listening to or supporting bands that treat people like shit. Their music isn't very good anyways.
Boo hoo. Then don't listen to some of the most classic bands of all time because they sure treated people like shit. Only difference is there was no internet to put it on display. That statement you made is very vague and you might as well not listen to a lot of music if that's the case. Not being a dick but you can imagine why I said that.
10:19 AM on 07/08/13
billyboatkid
User Info.
2 PM EST today on altpress I believe.
Thanks!!
10:49 AM on 07/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Definitely my least favorite of their albums ("War Paint" is their best) ... still a pretty good album though -- just very monotonous.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests