AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Legal News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Tim Lambesis Blogs On Recent Events

Posted by - 04:45 AM on 07/08/13
Tim Lambesis (As I Lay Dying) has written a blog about recent events surrounding his arrest, his faith, and the future.

Submitted by Spencer Control

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 62
04:45 AM on 07/08/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Tim Lambesis Writes BlogWhat I Can Talk About

I’ve come across many comments, both private and public, asking me to explain more about my case or to explicitly state what my current worldview is.

First, I simply am not allowed to do either of those things.

Some day I will be able to tell the story of all that has happened in detail to get the facts straight and representing the many sides to this fairly complex story. In the mean time, many of you will make your assumptions and take the sensationalism of the press focusing on selling points at face value. I can’t stop that from happening, and I’ve learned something by not having that kind of control. The people who want understanding will wait until the formalities and trials are done. Strangely enough, those type of minds are the people least likely to be judgmental even if I am found guilty. Those reporting from the courtroom will only pass along select facts and the case itself will only require select facts that do not encompass the entirety events. On the other hand, the seemingly larger percentage of people delight in voicing their opinion even though I personally have never said a word about even a single detail related to my case. Unspecific to me, that is a terribly sad reality greatly in contrast to the type of discussion I intend to start by choosing to post again.

Second, all I have the ability to do right now is keep learning.

By posting again I hope to attract people like me who are willing to look at all sides of a philosophical issue to learn before they speak. In fact, I’d be happy if this whole thing was just a way to recommend further readings to each other. However, I do accept that there will be some true geniuses who will try to turn each comment section into what topic they would like to discuss instead as if they created the original post and we all stumbled on their page.

I’m out on bail, but on house arrest. My family has jobs and the ability to run errands or take an afternoon/evening out. I have the unique opportunity of being able to focus and study like I may never have again in life after this. While I can’t say that I always enjoy it, it is more valuable than I originally acknowledged.

Lastly, while I can’t say exactly what it is I believe epistemologically or metaphysically, I can explain what I’m interested in learning.

I grew up in a Christian home and held that belief myself for many years. In the process of sincerely trying to defend that belief in a scholarly way and shortly after finishing my degree, I felt that it was unreasonable to call myself a Christian in light of the evidence. Many AILD fans picked up on the not-so-subtle hints at my worldview change in a couple songs on Awakened. It was never really hidden. Anyway, after my incarceration I found myself re-evaluating topics that I had previously sworn I would never waste my time looking at again. Many can chalk that up as one point for pure boredom in an isolation cell, or you can look at it providentially as the needed circumstance and only possible way to get me to humble my mind.

Either way, I don’t want to just read aimlessly. These daily lists are a way for me understand what I’ve already covered and which topics I should get more material on to read more in depth. Since these lists are public, it is also a way for me to discover the ignorance of many people who post. To be most helpful, please stay on topic.

Today’s reading/research:

Is the Foundation of Morality Natural or Supernatural?
a debate by William Lane Craig vs Sam Harris at Notre Dame University

* transcripts available or you can watch the debate on YouTube
04:57 AM on 07/08/13
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.
Hey, Tim, if you want to "get the facts straight" you should probably do that AT TRIAL.

Dude is going to have a lot of time for reading and writing real soon.
05:23 AM on 07/08/13
kemppettyjohn
Pilot Jones, Pilot Jones
User Info.
Dude is so guilty. lol
05:32 AM on 07/08/13
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
"Guys, I know I tried to hire someone to kill my wife, but it's, like, so much more complicated than that. It's so arbitrary of the press to call me a 'bad guy' just because of this. I'm going to go talk to God now."
05:46 AM on 07/08/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Maybe he can do a TED talk.
05:46 AM on 07/08/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Now to sit and wait for all of Tim's apologists (and the usual "ITS WOMAN'S FAULT" twats) to come out and defend this dude some more.
05:53 AM on 07/08/13
CoopDawg
Lunacy! Lunacy! Lunacy! Lunacy!
User Info.
Maybe he can do a TED talk.

I lol'd
06:02 AM on 07/08/13
Free Lambesis
User Info.
"Only through struggle have I found rest
With a piece of me taken away
I begin to understand
Hollow out this machine like chest"

These lyrics have gotten me through the darkest of times.

We here at AP all support you 100% in your current struggle Tim! You will overcome.
06:34 AM on 07/08/13
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
I dont even know what to make of this... The whole situation sucks so much. Still wish he wasn't guilty even though all signs point to just the opposite; even this article, really. Besides (alleged) steroid abuse, are there any public records that show other illegal activities he has done or was arrested for? It just seems so odd his first(?) crime was trying to kill his wife right off that bat... I don't know how a criminal's mind works, but I imagine there would be a build up to that point? An increasingly shady display of behavior at least... something.
06:39 AM on 07/08/13
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
This creeps me out so much. There's just a defiant criminal talking through a smile. It's so obvious. I still wish it wasn't true but this guy is a bad, bad dude it seems.
06:54 AM on 07/08/13
SlyZ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's funny beacuse God don't even exist...
06:54 AM on 07/08/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
"Guys, I know I tried to hire someone to kill my wife, but it's, like, so much more complicated than that. It's so arbitrary of the press to call me a 'bad guy' just because of this. I'm going to go talk to God now."

This is a very accurate tl;dr version.

I begin to understand

We here at AP all support you 100% in your current struggle Tim! You will overcome.

Speak for yourself, homie.
07:40 AM on 07/08/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
I dont even know what to make of this... The whole situation sucks so much. Still wish he wasn't guilty even though all signs point to just the opposite; even this article, really. Besides (alleged) steroid abuse, are there any public records that show other illegal activities he has done or was arrested for? It just seems so odd his first(?) crime was trying to kill his wife right off that bat... I don't know how a criminal's mind works, but I imagine there would be a build up to that point? An increasingly shady display of behavior at least... something.
People are strange like that man, they can spend years acting like a good person and then do (or get accused of doing) something that's really horrible.
07:46 AM on 07/08/13
Lacedwithshame
Fuck your learners permit!!!!!
User Info.
I begin to understand

"We here at AP support you 100%"
Ha, sure doesn't seem that way.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests