AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
11:43 AM on 07/16/13
WordsandMusic
User Info.
I liked the interview a lot but I gave an audible "UGH" when I read that. That's so disappointing. I have no problem with a band evolving and changing their style up but CL is such an extreme regression.

edit: super stoked on that tour with MCS though.

I totally get what you mean, though Im not sure Id call it a regression. I recall an interview with Jim Atkins after Bleed American was released about the process and whatever, and he said it would be easy for me to write another emo record, I chose to write poppier stuff because it was a challenge. Sorta like any job, even if you like the way the janitor cleans the toilet, sometimes he just wants to use a new toilet bowl cleaner.
05:50 AM on 07/17/13
WordsandMusic
User Info.
I understand your point but in my opinion this album is a significant drop in quality. Not because it's a pop album, because of the lyrics.
Your point is also understandable, and I agree with that point-comparing lyrical content from the last few records compared to this. While that in itself was kinda disappointing, I also get WHAT they were doing. Not every artist will create their art the same way every time-that gets stale for them. Introducing more of a collaboration lyrically was perhaps more challenging, and apparently a lot more fun. I look at it from a distance. Over the span of the last decade or so, this is the weakest record (in most fans opinion), and also the most stretching in terms of method, theme, etc. As a part of the whole, I find it easier to accept and enjoy.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS