Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 33
11:47 AM on 07/16/13
kittypants
lordsaveusfromourscene.co m
User Info.
Excellent interview. My body is ready for the Mmhmm 10-year anniversary re-release and possible tour. I'll just forget about CL and the next album and hold onto this.
01:10 PM on 07/16/13
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
Good read, but the comments on the next album being in a "similar vein" aren't exactly encouraging.

Great to hear that Mmhmm is probably being repressed on vinyl.
Same thoughts.
01:20 PM on 07/16/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
I totally get what you mean, though Im not sure Id call it a regression. I recall an interview with Jim Atkins after Bleed American was released about the process and whatever, and he said it would be easy for me to write another emo record, I chose to write poppier stuff because it was a challenge. Sorta like any job, even if you like the way the janitor cleans the toilet, sometimes he just wants to use a new toilet bowl cleaner.

I understand your point but in my opinion this album is a significant drop in quality. Not because it's a pop album, because of the lyrics.
01:29 PM on 07/16/13
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
Very interesting interview. For the record, I enjoy the album.
02:12 PM on 07/16/13
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
A possible MCS/RK tour? A MMHMM re-release?! Reunion tour?!?

It's also nice to hear from Matt and Matt where they are religiously, just as a means of hearing something official.

Disappointed to hear about the new album looking to be in a "similar vein" as CL, though.
02:17 PM on 07/16/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I feel like I'm one of the few who do enjoy this record but I still think it's a pretty huge step-down from where they were on the last couple of records. Really hope they decide to go back to writing more personal/interesting songs on the next record.
02:26 PM on 07/16/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
This is a very good, in depth interview.

Would love a solo record from Matt, as well as a Mmhmm 10 year tour. Not so crazy about another RK record in vein of CL though...
03:57 PM on 07/16/13
TB's
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This was a pretty good read. I've kinda started to get into the new record after a few spins. It's nowhere near the level of the earlier stuff, but isn't that how it often goes with bands this age and length of career.
04:19 PM on 07/16/13
Son of a Gun
Below the Sky
User Info.
It's a bit disheartening to hear there the next record will probably be similar to CL. That one just didn't click for me. Their songs used to be fairly smart and I think the co-writing dumbed everything down and made it beyond bland.
05:47 PM on 07/16/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
As many have already said, fantastic interview!

Enjoying the album a lot, and after getting a little more in their heads it helps bring even more appreciation for the songs.

I think RK will always be my favorite band...
07:55 PM on 07/16/13
JamesIV4
Lemonade Mmmmm
User Info.
I like how they put it, it would be hard to make anything that sounded the same because everything on CL sounds so different. I think that more than anything has me excited. More music, and more diverse music. I like it.
08:44 PM on 07/16/13
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Really, really fantastic interview.
I completely agree. Comprehensive, well thought out, deeply engaging. One of the best of the year on this site.
11:08 PM on 07/16/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
E. Kidd Bogart?
01:03 AM on 07/17/13
creativemind
every planet we reach is dead
User Info.
One of the best interviews I've read in a while!
05:50 AM on 07/17/13
WordsandMusic
User Info.
I understand your point but in my opinion this album is a significant drop in quality. Not because it's a pop album, because of the lyrics.
Your point is also understandable, and I agree with that point-comparing lyrical content from the last few records compared to this. While that in itself was kinda disappointing, I also get WHAT they were doing. Not every artist will create their art the same way every time-that gets stale for them. Introducing more of a collaboration lyrically was perhaps more challenging, and apparently a lot more fun. I look at it from a distance. Over the span of the last decade or so, this is the weakest record (in most fans opinion), and also the most stretching in terms of method, theme, etc. As a part of the whole, I find it easier to accept and enjoy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos