AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Farewell My Enemy - 01.24.04

Farewell My Enemy - 01.24.04

Interviewed by
Farewell My Enemy - 01.24.04Thank you to Chris Envy and Rise Records for allowing this interview to happen. Also, a big thanks to AP.net reader, Sherry Smith, for submitting wonderful questions. Enjoy!
www.farewellmyenemy.com

*Kamtin - Hello to all the readers out there. This is Kamtin from AbsolutePunk.net. Can you please introduce yourself?

Chris - I am Chris Envy I sing and write stuff.

*Kamtin - First off, what happened with The Holiday? It seemed like things were starting to pick up, then the band just somewhat dissapeared. Did Farewell My Enemy cause the break up?

Chris - The Holiday split up mainly because of members leaving the band. Nate (formerly guitar player of The Holiday) is now the drummer for FME. Things started picking up but then it fell apart after the two members quit.

*Kamtin - Was Farewell My Enemy is talks with any other labels besides Rise? And if so, what made you guys choose Rise Records?

Chris - We were talking with other labels. They were great labels. We ended up choosing Rise Records after talking with Craig the owner and he showed how much he was into the band and he was just awesome about everything. I have a real respect for Craig and Rise Records. Both have a great deal of integrety, absolutely awesome to work with, and are more like family than business.

*Kamtin - When can we see a full US tour from the band?

Chris - We would love to go out asap. We are working on things right now but I dont know where things are headed as of yet. We are looking for a booking agency that can book us non stop for over a year.

*Kamtin - I think a lot of people would like to know if there is any future with Farewell My Enemy and John Feldman. He obviously produced the Showoff record, and is there still any communication between you and John? Can we see any work between the band and him anytime in the future?

Chris - Personally, I dont see that happening. John and I have our personal relationship and I think he is a great guy, but we dont talk as much anymore. Not from dislike atleast on my part but just we both are very busy with what we have.

*Kamtin - When can we expect the official debut release from the band? Will it be an EP or a full length?

Chris - We will have an album released on April 24th 2004, but that date could be changed. It's probably best to check on riserecords.com for updates on that.

*Kamtin - What will be the direction of the band with your first release? You guys already have a few songs released, but can we expect anything different from what we've already heard?

Chris - Definitely. In an age of music where bands love to talk diversity, we really are going for that. I think the new songs will speak for themselves and I cant wait to get them out and for people to hear them.

*Kamtin - What were your favorite records this past year?

Chris - I can only speak for myself, but mine are always the same..... Elvis Costello and the attractions greatest hits, Queen - "Greatest Hits", Billy Joel - "An Innocent Man, Jeff Buckley - "Grace".

*Kamtin - Thank you guys so much! Any last words!?

Chris - Just cant wait to see everyone when we get back out on tour. It's going to be awesome!

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests