10:33 AM on 07/18/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
STICKY THIS TO THE FRONTPAGE FOREVER
10:51 AM on 07/18/13
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
"Fuck these people. We've all sat around for the last 10 or so years waiting for them to come up with something revolutionary, dangerous and interesting and what do they come up with? Fucking screamo, crabcore and the latest take on the pig squeal vocal technique"

Seriously this. What the fuck happend to angsty music? I think this scene is in need (and may even welcome) a huge shake-up soon. Bands like letlive. getting popular is a step in the right direction but still isn't there yet.
10:51 AM on 07/18/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
ohhhh myyyy godddd. So much respect. Maybe because I'm getting old, or maybe because I'm tired of it, but kids these days just don't understand. The only difference between a boy band and a 'scene' core band is the music they play. It gets so repetitive, that I feel like I've seen it all. So to see a band like 7seconds be like, 'fuck you we're doing what we're going to do' and releasing a song that's pure fast powerchords and straightforward is so refreshing.
10:54 AM on 07/18/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Seems like a gpod time to ask: I'm looking for a punk / hardcore / metalcore / aggressive band that is doing things differently and aren't just one of "13,000" bands sounding the same. Bands like The Chariot and letlive. are stabs in the right direction, but anything really interesting and groundbreaking going on with aggressive music in 2013? Any recs are appreciated.

I get the need for double-bass driven sound of bands like August Burns Red (who would you say pioneered that sound?).. every new generation needs to musically rebel against what their parents listen to, and "punk" and "hardcore" in their precious incarnations sound like old, classic rock to young teens now. Play a song from a killer band like Gorilla Biscuits next to even the shittiest 2013 metalcore bands to most young teens, and you'll see their amazement that we once considered a sound like GB to be even remotely heavy and mosh-ready.

Here's to hoping that someone does something really awesome with this "new sound".. and here's to wondering what the next "heavy" will be.

There are a lot of different bands that had hands in creating it, but Meshuggah's Destroy Erase Improve from 1995 and 7 Angels 7 Plagues' Jhazmyne's Lullaby from 2001 had, I would say, very distinct elements of what "core" music still incorporates today.

As far as the statement from 7 Seconds goes, I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, the musical herpes that kids in "the scene" are inundated with and eat up every day might make them beyond saving. Kevin Seconds is gonna get called a "haterrrrr" by a bunch of sixteen year olds with played out haircuts and Woe, Is Me or some other shitcore band is gonna "call him out" in a song called #Fuck.
10:54 AM on 07/18/13
streetcar
User Info.
Who the fuck cares about this band, to read his response?
haha.. yet you took the time to click a news article ABOUT sevenseconds. Does someone not know how to read?? aww poor fella
10:57 AM on 07/18/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
Seems like a gpod time to ask: I'm looking for a punk / hardcore / metalcore / aggressive band that is doing things differently and aren't just one of "13,000" bands sounding the same. Bands like The Chariot and letlive. are stabs in the right direction, but anything really interesting and groundbreaking going on with aggressive music in 2013? Any recs are appreciated.

I get the need for double-bass driven sound of bands like August Burns Red (who would you say pioneered that sound?).. every new generation needs to musically rebel against what their parents listen to, and "punk" and "hardcore" in their precious incarnations sound like old, classic rock to young teens now. Play a song from a killer band like Gorilla Biscuits next to even the shittiest 2013 metalcore bands to most young teens, and you'll see their amazement that we once considered a sound like GB to be even remotely heavy and mosh-ready.

Here's to hoping that someone does something really awesome with this "new sound".. and here's to wondering what the next "heavy" will be.

If you haven't heard, but Deafheaven.
10:58 AM on 07/18/13
Jason Tate
User Info.

11:05 AM on 07/18/13
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Welp
11:23 AM on 07/18/13
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Considering the fact your name references an older AFI song, I'd think YOU would care.
11:24 AM on 07/18/13
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.

Just FYI this doesn't do anything on mobile.
11:26 AM on 07/18/13
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
If you haven't heard, but Deafheaven.

I did listen to Sunbather once, and it's something I'd like to get back to, even if the vocals aren't immediately engaging.

I think it's a record that will unfold and expose its beauty after repeated listens. I need to sit down with it again soon, thanks for the reminder.
11:28 AM on 07/18/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.

I didn't want o quote your really long post, but check out Night Verses.
11:34 AM on 07/18/13
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
11:43 AM on 07/18/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
It's flash, it shouldn't.
11:45 AM on 07/18/13
veggiecorecords
User Info.

http://gamedayregulars.bandcamp.com/...in-the-hallway
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums