12:03 PM on 07/18/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Incredibly well said.
12:03 PM on 07/18/13
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
Considering the fact your name references an older AFI song, I'd think YOU would care.

I didn't know that, fuck that makes me look bad, it's actually from a Lucifer comic. The comment was more at Jason Tate's gay tweet that they had 'just won the internet'
12:09 PM on 07/18/13
jco3
Oh, hello there, internet.
User Info.

Also, I don't know, people are people. They'll like what they like. Whatevs.

There's just as much good music going on today than ever. Perhaps what's popular isn't the greatest, perhaps it is, I don't really know.

As far as recommendations go, all the ones in this thread are great fun. I'd add this, possibly, not sure if it's hardcore, but it fits in the punk mold. And, it's badass.

But, yeah, there's a lesson in all of this. People change, teenagers, and younger people will always be not older. They can't know things that they don't know. Perhaps instead of knowing, though, respect is the desirable trait in this instance. Not knowing, does not mean one has to shun it away. Try to understand. Then again, these are youtube comments - not exactly the best sampling to draw opinions from.

Anyways, I'm pretty damn positive the OG bands loathed Brand New, TBS, and the like when they were blowing up. This is just the circle of cynicism. It's the CIRRRRRRCLLLLLE OF CYNICISM!!!!!
12:10 PM on 07/18/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
I couldn't believe the comments I was seeing yesterday... It was the worse I've ever seen on a Rise video. Being only 19 I wasn't around when 7Seconds was in its heyday, but I sure as hell respect them for what they did for punk and hardcore. I really liked the new song they put out yesterday, it's a shame how Rise's fanbase is so closed minded and prefers music that sounds like "it's coming from a computer's asshole."
12:10 PM on 07/18/13
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
Kevin Seconds Acts Like Baby
12:12 PM on 07/18/13
jco3
Oh, hello there, internet.
User Info.
I didn't know that, fuck that makes me look bad, it's actually from a Lucifer comic. The comment was more at Jason Tate's gay tweet that they had 'just won the internet'
Tweets are gay now? Next thing you know they'll be getting gay-tweet married.
12:12 PM on 07/18/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Rise also commented on the video.
Quote:
This sounds like 7 Seconds. Melodic, fast, honest and earnest hardcore.  Some of these comments....... Wow, I'd be embarrassed if I were you
12:19 PM on 07/18/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
12:36 PM on 07/18/13
A Head
User Info.
Seems like a gpod time to ask: I'm looking for a punk / hardcore / metalcore / aggressive band that is doing things differently and aren't just one of "13,000" bands sounding the same. Bands like The Chariot and letlive. are stabs in the right direction, but anything really interesting and groundbreaking going on with aggressive music in 2013? Any recs are appreciated.

I get the need for double-bass driven sound of bands like August Burns Red (who would you say pioneered that sound?).. every new generation needs to musically rebel against what their parents listen to, and "punk" and "hardcore" in their precious incarnations sound like old, classic rock to young teens now. Play a song from a killer band like Gorilla Biscuits next to even the shittiest 2013 metalcore bands to most young teens, and you'll see their amazement that we once considered a sound like GB to be even remotely heavy and mosh-ready.

Here's to hoping that someone does something really awesome with this "new sound".. and here's to wondering what the next "heavy" will be.
Interesting post. I am one of those people and was confused what the definition of "hardcore" was in my younger music listening days. I heard old school hardcore music compared with newer metalcore and was confused because a lot of metalcore sounds a lot heavier in my opinion. Bands such as ABR TDWP AILD UØ etc seemed like hardcore bands to me. Right on with your comment.
12:46 PM on 07/18/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hitting me where it hurts: my tweet's sexuality.
12:49 PM on 07/18/13
MorningStar10
the other Kyle.
User Info.
Hitting me where it hurts: my tweet's sexuality.

haha butch them up a little bit perhaps
12:49 PM on 07/18/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I can understand his frustration, but honestly his bands' music sounds to me like every other "old punk" band and doesn't seem that horribly talented either.
01:04 PM on 07/18/13
Hoodrow Wilson
User Info.
I can understand his frustration, but honestly his bands' music sounds to me like every other "old punk" band and doesn't seem that horribly talented either.
I think I've had enough ap.net for a while.
01:11 PM on 07/18/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Since Rise started signing good, respected bands that have been around awhile, the comments on their Youtube from these kids who subscribe to Rise expecting the same awful shit they've always listened to have been horrible. But what do you expect from Youtube comments anyways. I've literally posted maybe 5 comments on Youtube in my life. I watch my videos and just go about my day. Nothing good comes from commenting on Youtube, I try to ignore that part of it.
01:16 PM on 07/18/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I think I've had enough ap.net for a while.

Obviously you're going to get mad at that statement, but to those not into it punk bands (in the vein of 7 Seconds) really don't sound that different from each other. Like I knew what it would sound like before I hit play: "woahs", a sound that isn't heavy but isn't overtly melodic at the same time, fast drums, guitarwork that kind of speeds along etc. You can use this thought process to most genres (if you don't enjoy them) - I'm just pointing out there's no reason to get so butthurt over it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests