Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 75
05:05 PM on 07/18/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
Of course, they come from a time that was much more integrity filled and such and that is commendable. Bands actually toured and grew together with less drama. But when it comes down to it, sonically they just aren't going to be pleasing for many. Personally I don't care for this shade of music often because it is not melodic enough to be uplifting or catchy nor is it heavy enough to be aggressive and engaging but that's just me.
that's totally fine. it isn't going to click for everyone. but, his statement was in response to those on youtube, who believed that a rise band should sound a certain way. the drop d chugs, having to scream in order to 'mean' something, perfect haircuts, etc. and that they're not valid because it's different than what people are used too. i dunno, for me, this band isn't just about the music, but their ideals. i kinda grew up with the same kind of mindset of punk rock bands like 7seconds, and its frustrating when people don't give this band a chance because they don't follow rise records stereotypes.
05:24 PM on 07/18/13
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
YouTube comments make yahoo answers look like Harvard graduates. They're good for a laugh but nothing to get bent out of shape about.
06:59 PM on 07/18/13
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
I second that mass applause.
10:50 PM on 07/18/13
Drewmosabi
User Info.
Why is he getting so butt hurt over youtube comments?
10:50 PM on 07/18/13
Drewmosabi
User Info.
YouTube comments make yahoo answers look like Harvard graduates. They're good for a laugh but nothing to get bent out of shape about.

Exactly!
01:39 AM on 07/19/13
The_Effort
User Info.
There are a lot of different bands that had hands in creating it, but Meshuggah's Destroy Erase Improve from 1995 and 7 Angels 7 Plagues' Jhazmyne's Lullaby from 2001 had, I would say, very distinct elements of what "core" music still incorporates today.

As far as the statement from 7 Seconds goes, I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, the musical herpes that kids in "the scene" are inundated with and eat up every day might make them beyond saving. Kevin Seconds is gonna get called a "haterrrrr" by a bunch of sixteen year olds with played out haircuts and Woe, Is Me or some other shitcore band is gonna "call him out" in a song called #Fuck.

Thank you for mentioning 7 Angels 7Plagues. Love that band and that album.
06:44 AM on 07/19/13
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
User Info.
Who the fuck cares about this band, to read his response?
what the fuck? anybody who has ever liked or respected hardcore music.

shut up.
06:54 AM on 07/19/13
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
Who the fuck cares about this band, to read his response?
I do. I don't listen to them anymore but I respect 7Seconds and this guy's opinion.
11:16 AM on 07/19/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Just want to say that I enjoyed the song when I heard it a few days ago. Nothing is that original when it comes to punk anymore (or music in general)....I wasn't really sure what the YouTube commenters were crying about.
12:12 PM on 07/19/13
love_american_style
User Info.
fuck yeah. I love kev secs.
12:42 PM on 07/19/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so many of these scene kids have probably never even heard of minor threat, earth crisis, gorilla biscuits, hatebreed, shai hulud, snapcase etc......the bands that paved the way for this scene
07:57 PM on 07/19/13
Dino Day
For the Glory of Humanity
User Info.
hmm
11:31 AM on 07/23/13
ACA
Kevin Devine @ NYC 11/3
User Info.
Exotic Animal Petting Zoo, City Of Ships, Amia Venera Landscape and of course the other great bands mentioned in the thread.

Thank you.
08:12 AM on 07/26/13
turningdrummer
User Info.
You don’t have to like or respect my band but when you show your ignorance and narrow state of mind by not having even the most vague understanding of the lineage between say, the Sex Pistols and what your crappy bands are attempting to do now, you’re just lazy and you cannot be taken seriously.

This so hard. I'm all about scene history and love to learn about and know where today's stuff has come from. Sadly, few do; the bassist for my band, when told we were covering a Velvet Underground song, had NO IDEA who they were. It's sad, and even sadder that he has no desire to discover his punk roots. In music, if you don't learn from the past, you suck.
09:11 AM on 07/26/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You don’t have to like or respect my band but when you show your ignorance and narrow state of mind by not having even the most vague understanding of the lineage between say, the Sex Pistols and what your crappy bands are attempting to do now, you’re just lazy and you cannot be taken seriously.

This so hard. I'm all about scene history and love to learn about and know where today's stuff has come from. Sadly, few do; the bassist for my band, when told we were covering a Velvet Underground song, had NO IDEA who they were. It's sad, and even sadder that he has no desire to discover his punk roots. In music, if you don't learn from the past, you suck.

Some people just don't like those bands; that doesn't mean they're fucking idiots. The Sex Pistols sound nothing like anything I listen to. I think they're grating, the vocals sound awful, the guitars sound bad. It just doesn't sound good to me...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos