Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 151.
11:35 PM on 07/18/13
Deafpoliceman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like all four albums but prefer DBM most, so far. Very excited for this one. I always find it interesting how many people only like Happiness, especially considering Swan's displeasure with the album. I guess I listen to a good variety of styles but I really enjoy them all from DGD. I can definately see the sillyness in Happiness but I listen to everything else Kurt's done and thats just his style but he has some amazing, original melodies.
where did you hear that? Swan said that Happiness was the best they ever did and he didn't think they could top it with the direction they were going with it. That's why they put out DTBMII instead of a new record in the same vein as Happiness.
02:00 AM on 07/19/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
album will fucking own. we all know this, whether you guys care to admit it or not. No-one is beating 'Jesus H Macy' for a song title this year.

Not a fan of the band, but this is the first thing I thought as well.
04:13 AM on 07/19/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
11) Turn Off the Lights. I’m Watching Back to the Future pt. II

That is all
05:44 AM on 07/19/13
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
User Info.
So I get your point - I just think that if he didn't phone it in, he just made really bad choices next to a reinvigorated Jon Mess. Mess' parts sound huge, then Jonny sounds like he almost forgot he was supposed to sing. In regards to both Jonny's talent and songwriting chops, I think DBM2 is his undisputed worst showing, especially considering how late it was in his career.

I would agree with the bolded part, and that it is probably JC's worst melody-wise. Some songs like Thug City (worst on the record & maybe the worst theyve ever done imo) and his parts on Robot 3 are straight up boring. But, on songs like Elder Goose, Heat Seeking..., his verses are understated and "held back" range-wise and they fit the songs so well imo, and those songs can hold up to the better songs of their previous efforts easily.

99% of why i like this band anyway is Will Swan, so i guess i can overlook the flaws of the vocalists!!!

Can you explain? I'm afraid the reference/cleverness is going right over my head.

You know when people say "Jesus H. Christ" sometimes (no idea where that originated lol)? It's that combined with William H. Macy!!!
05:59 AM on 07/19/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
I still love this band.
06:05 AM on 07/19/13
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
I'd hold off on judgement from that little 30-second clip. DGD, as much as their last album was half-assed IMO, wouldn't change to BMTH2.0 just like that. It sounds like an intro. And given that DGD likes joking around (look at their lyrics), I wouldn't doubt that they picked this as the clip to show in the promo just to throw everyone off, because why the hell not. I'm excited for it.
Pretty much this. Not entirely sure I'm gonna like it but I'm anticipating it nonetheless.
06:33 AM on 07/19/13
BranMorris
User Info.
Happiness is still the fucking best album - that lineup was the ideal DGD lineup and they fucked it up.
As long as Will Swan is in the lineup, then it's a good one.
07:07 AM on 07/19/13
defmytones
User Info.
Happiness is still the fucking best album - that lineup was the ideal DGD lineup and they fucked it up.
Couldn't agree more.

DGD has a weird warm place in my heart though, I cant really explain why.
10:10 AM on 07/19/13
bowbzzz
User Info.
For the light hearted songs sure, but Kurt is actually a great lyricist: see ALLB for that
True, I guess light hearted or silly are better ways to describe it.

I just can't get over the fact that he had a line that says "Please girl stay to the early morning, we can have some coffee, you can do my laundry." Like what? hahaha
10:18 AM on 07/19/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
True, I guess light hearted or silly are better ways to describe it.

I just can't get over the fact that he had a line that says "Please girl stay to the early morning, we can have some coffee, you can do my laundry." Like what? hahaha
That just goes with the flow of the song. For me, stuff like that exists just to be fun
12:04 PM on 07/19/13
ttmessick
User Info.
where did you hear that? Swan said that Happiness was the best they ever did and he didn't think they could top it with the direction they were going with it. That's why they put out DTBMII instead of a new record in the same vein as Happiness.

Idk how or where you got that, man. I know in one interview he says he believes DBMII is the best material the band has released. In another interview I'm thinking of, he doesn't come out and trash Kurt or Zach but makes references to "that lineup" and how he "couldn't imagine" another record with them. I think he was pretty obviously displeased with the direction of the band and Happiness overall but rarely does a band member straight up trash one of their own albums. I also remember an interview where Swan mentioned something about Kurt's voice going downhill around Happiness from smoking cigarettes and him being "out of his range" though I personally disagree with that.
12:50 PM on 07/19/13
Patrick McQuaid
Patrick McQuaid
User Info.
teasers sounds like a worse bring me the horizon
This comment sounds like a worse Bring Me The Horizon
01:01 PM on 07/19/13
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
Dbm2 has more wah pedals than even Happiness...
01:05 PM on 07/19/13
ylightflight
yung rug munch
User Info.
sooooo excited for strawberry swisher pt. 3 and back to the future pt. 2
02:05 PM on 07/19/13
Patrick McQuaid
Patrick McQuaid
User Info.
Idk how or where you got that, man. I know in one interview he says he believes DBMII is the best material the band has released. In another interview I'm thinking of, he doesn't come out and trash Kurt or Zach but makes references to "that lineup" and how he "couldn't imagine" another record with them. I think he was pretty obviously displeased with the direction of the band and Happiness overall but rarely does a band member straight up trash one of their own albums. I also remember an interview where Swan mentioned something about Kurt's voice going downhill around Happiness from smoking cigarettes and him being "out of his range" though I personally disagree with that.
I heard the exact same thing too
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums