AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 151.
10:25 AM on 07/18/13
cdwlldr7
User Info.
Happiness is still the fucking best album - that lineup was the ideal DGD lineup and they fucked it up.
Self-titled > Happiness
Their only two albums worth a shit, bring the hate.
10:26 AM on 07/18/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I wish I could still get excited for a DGD album.

Also completely agree with Jake that it sounds BMTH-ish and not good. Then again it's just a clip so who knows?
10:26 AM on 07/18/13
_veges_
User Info.

Pretty much how I look at it, though I actually think this could be a killer record. I just couldn't listen to DBM2 though - Jonny so obviously phoned it it.
Yeah DBM2 is pretty terrible even though I liked it when it came out (8th grade was a fun time)
10:28 AM on 07/18/13
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Self-titled > Happiness
Their only two albums worth a shit, bring the hate.
This.
10:28 AM on 07/18/13
lfjlol
User Info.
Happiness is still the fucking best album - that lineup was the ideal DGD lineup and they fucked it up.
imo, 'deathstar album' was the best album. but nonetheless I am looking forward to this album.
10:31 AM on 07/18/13
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
User Info.
Really hoping Tillian fits the band, he's got big shoes to fill with Jonny and Kurt. If so, I will certainly enjoy this record. I do admit DTBM2 wasn't as good as any the of the previous albums but it still had a few solid tracks and oddball jams.
10:31 AM on 07/18/13
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
Haha, that clip. There's no way the album sounds like that, those guitars. That's probably an intro for the first track or something. Any word on when a song will go up?
10:35 AM on 07/18/13
Zmayday
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
DId anyone else notice that the song cuts out as the clean vocals are about to enter? That's what I call a tease

(is that Tillian's voice singing at the cutoff? I've never heard of the guy until he joined DGD)
10:38 AM on 07/18/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
"Turn Off the Lights. I’m Watching Back to the Future pt. II" clever :) Need to give their disco an actual listen. Have only really checked out random songs here and there.. mainly off both downtown mountain's. Recently listened to happiness, but idk it sounded like a boring A Lot Like Birds (who I love!). Also, I realize Kurt sang on it..
10:38 AM on 07/18/13
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Will buy. Band never disappoints
10:41 AM on 07/18/13
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I'll still check this out though I guess. I loved Deathstar and Happiness, and Deathstar is still great pre-custody-battle music.
10:41 AM on 07/18/13
Tele72
User Info.
"That songs is making fun of all those auto tuned vocal bands." - Matthew Mingus (drummer of Dance Gavin Dance) on his facebook page. Don't get too worked up over a 40 second clip that you can maybe hear 30 seconds of.
10:44 AM on 07/18/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Really have enjoyed everything from DBM Pt 1 through Happiness, my love of Tillian's vocals has me excited about this.
10:44 AM on 07/18/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
I'll still check this out though I guess. I loved Deathstar and Happiness, and Deathstar is still great pre-custody-battle music.

As unfortunate as that situation is for you, I'm dying right now
10:45 AM on 07/18/13
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
And as far as this goes, I want to like it, but I don't think I will. Who knows.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests