___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
12:54 PM on 07/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hearing Tilian come in the first time is a tad jarring, but on my second listen, I'm really enjoying this. His second line is very reminiscent of Tides of Man melodies - which I am SO ok with.

Looking forward to hearing more.
12:57 PM on 07/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lyric videos finally found their true purpose: displaying Jon Mess lyrics.
01:00 PM on 07/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And very cool approach to a lyric video - Rise consistently does a great job with lyric videos.
01:20 PM on 07/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That "Hang on - hang on" hook is great - Tilian could bring some pop sensibilities to this band.
01:27 PM on 07/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And people were worried.....
Haha, I was definitely one of them, even as a DGD, Tides, and Tilian fan. The tour proved me wrong.

Same. Are TOM instrumental now?
Sureeee are.
01:34 PM on 07/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And for those "I wish this was Jonny/Kurt comments" - that melody is pretty distinctly a Tilian construction - it'd sound weird for either Jonny or Kurt to sing that. This is certainly a little different than both of his predecessors, but I like his touch.
01:46 PM on 07/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really really disagree with this. This is cool and I like how the album art, band text is included but Rise usually has the same template for their artists: some lyric video with massive lens flare and words that just pull in and out of the screen, which are often horrendous lyrics to boot.

John Howe is the only thing that comes to mind for awesome lyric videos (ALLB, Stolas, and he's said he's working on one for this album)

And as far as the song goes, I like it but I miss Crummett's tones. I need more listens
Haha, in no way was I commending Rise Bands' lyrics - just their presentation. And it might be incorrect to attribute a label with lyric videos - no idea who's paying for these or has creative control.

I liked the Issues' "Princeton Avenue" video quite a bit.

And yes, John Howe is phenomenal.

My favorite in recent memory was actually the Night Verses video from yesterday? My least favorite? EASILY the I The Mighty song I premiered.
01:54 PM on 07/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I gotcha. I do like them when it's just more than words on a screen (John's illustrative work and/or a mix in the vein of NV yesterday) but yeah I the Mighty's was very bland. Excited to see what John does for this album.
Also.

DAT RED NAME.
03:50 PM on 07/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I can't get into instrumental songs when they're rock oriented. If it's an intro/album opener- sure but when it's just straight instrumental? Nope. That's why I don't like Strawberry Girls unforunately.
YOU CRAY.

Check out Athletics, my favorite instrumental band.
04:07 PM on 07/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Doesn't Athletics have 2 singers?
I mean, they have vocals - but they';re used so sparingly that I basically call them instrumental. It's cheating, I know.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos