Password

Album Review
Radiohead - The Best Of Album Cover

Radiohead - The Best Of

Reviewed by
Radiohead - The Best Of
Record Label: Capitol Records
Release Date: June 2, 2008
This review is a user submitted review from Susan Frances. You can see all of Susan Frances's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
09:36 PM on 06/10/08
hockeyguitar99
Prison Strength
User Info.
good review but i really don't like the fact that your endorsing this especially due to the fact that radiohead rejected it
01:05 AM on 06/11/08
Chop[chop]
http://last.fm/user/tom__21
User Info.
I partly agree with you, but these really can't been considered as albums in the conventional sense.
Both CDs are just a messy attempt at making money - the biggest shame of all is the terrible tracklisting. People will buy this if they've just discovered Radiohead with In Rainbows, and it's a shame that they'll miss out on the hidden gems on almost every album. Down with EMI!
01:12 AM on 06/11/08
cereal4life
User Info.
Everybody, just do yourself a favour and get their entire discography. Like Rexona, Radiohead won't let you down!
01:01 PM on 06/11/08
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
good review but i really don't like the fact that your endorsing this especially due to the fact that radiohead rejected it

that doesn't make sense. He's more reviewing the album and the songs that you, I'm sure, already have. Make your own decision and dont' let the band do it for you.
06:15 PM on 06/11/08
doubletrue
there's always next year...
User Info.
if it's a great band, and some of their best songs, why does it get a 79% ???? I don't mind people rejecting it because the band doesn't want people to buy it. based on the songs, it should have a much higher rating.
09:27 PM on 06/11/08
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
if it's a great band, and some of their best songs, why does it get a 79% ???? I don't mind people rejecting it because the band doesn't want people to buy it. based on the songs, it should have a much higher rating.

nah, i disagree with that statement.

when i review albums anyway, i factor things in like the flow of the album, whether or not it is worth buying and other little things like that. if an album (a greatest hits one especially) leaves a bad taste in my mouth for one reason or another then a lower score is understandable. if these songs were released by Radiohead all at once on an album for the first time, then i'm sure it would get a much higher score.
08:57 AM on 06/14/08
youngmountain
http://littlewaves.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
not the best of reviews, and its not really radiohead's latest release seeing as i don't think they had anything to do with it and it's definetaly not the tracklisting i would have chosen for their best of. Great band though.
12:15 AM on 06/17/08
wordscankill
User Info.
Poppycock.
This album was released by EMI with no consent from Radiohead, after they left the major, only for the company to skim money from unaware newly acquired fans, on the wake of the success of In Rainbows.
And although it features some of the best tracks ever written, it still blatantly smacks of commercial operation.

And oh, unless in presence of concept albums, the so called album flow is absolute rubbish.
You can find the entire discography for under 40 euros. Do you need somebody to tell you what's worthier?
05:22 PM on 06/20/08
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that Radiohead doesn't agree with this release. Just sayin'.
11:22 PM on 10/13/10
Kid Amnesiac
User Info.
Get the albums separately. This does not do the band justice and supports this shitty label.
10:43 AM on 03/23/11
xidon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really hope most people didn't buy this album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos