AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Thrice News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Riley Looks Back On Artist In The Ambulance

Posted by - 12:35 AM on 07/23/13
Riley Breckenridge (Thrice) wrote a blog post about the tenth anniversary of The Artist In The Ambulance.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
12:35 AM on 07/23/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
TAITA Appreciation

Happy 10th birthday to The Artist In The Ambulance. Writing and recording this record was a crazy, stressful and overwhelming experience, but a time in my life that I’ll always remember fondly. TAITA afforded us so many incredible opportunities (recording at Bearsville Studios, hearing a song of ours on the radio for the first time, shooting big budget videos, playing venues we never thought we’d play, playing big festivals, touring the world, getting our music into the hands and ears of more people than we ever thought possible, etc.)

We were so busy in that era that it was next to impossible to have any perspective on what was happening to us as people, as musicians and as a band. But ten years later, and with a year’s worth of hiatus under our belt, I finally feel like I’ve gained a bit of perspective on what was happening back then, and the thing that keeps popping back into my head is just a massive sense of gratitude. You could chalk it up to hard work, and luck and good timing, but the most important thing was having some of the most passionate fans around … people who stuck with us through thick and thin, major label and indie, genre change after genre change, and more.

Huge thanks to all of you who were there from day one, or day one hundred, or day one thousand. That you were there at all is what really mattered.

(Also: Still kinda disappointed that this song wasn’t the second single from TAITA.)
12:43 AM on 07/23/13
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Rad dude. Great band/album.
01:31 AM on 07/23/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
tumbl'd
02:21 AM on 07/23/13
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
Nice! I wish it was longer, but it's nice that they're gaining a bit of a more positive view of the album in hindsight, now

I still don't know that TAITA the song could've done any better than Stare at the Sun though, hahahah

Here's my blog on the anniversary
http://alexandermachine.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/thrice-a-decade-past/
03:36 AM on 07/23/13
qwerty22
--
User Info.
It is kinda weird that the song wasn't ever a single. Honestly I just figured it was, didn't realize Under a Killing Moon was used.
04:58 AM on 07/23/13
5fikev
User Info.
Fantastic album to jog/exercise to.
05:47 AM on 07/23/13
B.Leibo
User Info.
I'm actually surprised it's only 10 years old, feels so much longer.
06:23 AM on 07/23/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
although is came out my junior year of high school, this is one of those albums for me where it feels like i've known these songs for my whole life.
07:10 AM on 07/23/13
NFG4ever
Let's go RED WINGS !!
User Info.
Still listen to this album fairly often , one of the best .... ever!
07:25 AM on 07/23/13
hoosierbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Awesome record. I don't think I ever got a physical copy so now I'm pissed at myself cuz I wanna listen to it all day today.
08:02 AM on 07/23/13
1993mic
User Info.
I always forget that The Artist in the Ambulance was not a single. It's one of the most radio friendly songs on the album.
08:13 AM on 07/23/13
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Still can't believe this song was never a single would have been huge for them back then. Label really slipped up there!
08:46 AM on 07/23/13
theherox
As of 10/3, pronounced "Thoreau"
User Info.
Fantastic album to jog/exercise to.
truth.
10:46 AM on 07/23/13
circasurvivor
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates