Displaying user's 9 posts.
10:19 AM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
Hopeless has the video blocked? Fail.
10:34 AM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
the hell? is this video for real? thank god the album is an actual recording. if this was the album I would have lost absolutely all interest after this "music video".

the studio version is pretty straight forward. I don't know what I was expecting, but it's just kind of there. hopefully some other tracks will have some new life in them.
10:51 AM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
oof, REALLY glad it's studio recordings, if it was live like that video I would not be excited at all
word to that.

I personally am kind of embarrassed by it for the band. ok, maybe that's too strong of a reaction, I mean, it's pretty harmless. I just think it makes no sense at all to release this to hype the new album. especially when the actual studio version was released on itunes last night.

EDIT: and to think when I first read the title to this thread I thought they'd actually made a real video for it. my mind raced with thoughts that maybe they did a sequel to the original video, or did something in a similar style. or maybe something totally new. instead I saw this. massive letdown.
11:39 AM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
exactly how i feel...let down by the video
I just played a game of "find a better OA acoustic video on YouTube". I found 3 immediately.
12:59 PM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
i'll take my copies of "one for the kids" and "the underdog EP" and walk this way thank you.... .
That's their only material you like? Yeeah.
02:01 PM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
That video is stupid in my opinion, mainly because they don't use a vocal microphone. And for the most part you only hear the fans singing.
Yep. Really bad video for a promotion of something. Feels like an impromptu set and a fan got it on film. I mean obviously that wasn't what happened but, man, this is lame.
03:59 PM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
I mean, why would we think it was gonna be a "legit" video? It's not like it was stated as...

Quote:
Today, we're premiering the first video from Ocean Avenue Acoustic of the song that changed everything for the band - "Ocean Avenue."

With this context it is rightly assumed it was gonna be some sort of video to support the album. Which again, you would assume would involve the actual song from the album. But then we get a "live" video with soft audio of the band and really loud crowd over top of everything. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't care less about hearing some of their other fans sing. I mean, isn't that usually a pretty common complaint about most live albums/recordings?

and now Ryan says...
Quote:
We wanted to invest in the strength of the album...
then why wasn't the album version of the song used? I mean in the context of his quote he is referring to putting money into the recording of the album and not putting money into a full blown music video. which, makes sense and I understand that. but why would you not highlight that effort by putting the actual song in the video?

I guess this is the answer...

Quote:
So we thought including fans from two amazing places we get the chance to travel and play was a great way to say thanks. We were not attempting to blow anyone's mind. We are just saying thank you.

Which isn't a terrible thing in it of itself. But it gets very confusing when it is not presented as a thank you. Though, unless you were at the show, I'm not sure why you would feel thanked. But let's assume you would. Why would you present it as a video for the album?

It seems like it was presented as one thing when it was really meant to be something else. I don't blame AP.net for the confusion. I would assume this was how it was agreed to be presented as. All of it just doesn't really make sense to me.

This video could have gone up last year, next year, whenever. It doesn't really connect to the actual recording of the acoustic album.There are many better acoustic videos of the song on youtube already. This wasn't really special.
05:50 PM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
sorry if this has already been brought up and answered, i'm on mobile and don't feel like reading the whole thread, is the Ocean Avenue tour full band or acoustic?
Both, I believe. As in acoustic album run through then a full band set of other songs.
06:34 PM on 07/23/13
Greg
User Info.
Man, the world is really ending for you over this isn't it?

Haha, I just like to talk a lot. I still can't wait to hear the actual album.

Edit: I feel like I took the time to be clear about why people are confused rather than just blasting anyone over it. Next time I'll stick to just saying I think it's a lame video. My bad.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS