AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Stupid News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

I See an Ugly "Electronic Hardcore Music" Website

Posted by - 11:20 AM on 07/25/13
I See Stars have started a website dedicated to "electronic hardcore music." I'm assuming this means "hardcore music where we don't actually play live" -- but I can't tell because I really don't care.
We aim to break the walls down between EDM and Hardcore cultures around the world. We believe these two worlds are far closer than meets the ear and eye, and use this opportunity as a platform for new ideas and music to flourish. We aim to retain the human element and live performance of music, while embracing the vast skill that DJs and producers around the world have used to revolutionize music forever.

We are the fans in the crowd, the dreamers who walk away from these concerts with ideas bigger than ourselves. EHM is not a genre, but a fresh new mentality in which we will aggressively and precisely humanize the beast with up and coming talent and a heavy hitting exclusive headquarters.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 55
11:23 AM on 07/25/13
gabrielM
User Info.
Sounds like someone trying too hard at a job interview.
11:24 AM on 07/25/13
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.
Makes sense. There's definitely a market for dance-ready, electronic-based music with metalcore and hardcore influences. As more and more kids grow up listening to modern -core bands, it's not really an alternative style any more.

In 2003, I know for a fact none of my friends on my hockey teams or basketball team wanted to hear anything as "heavy" as "Cross Out the Eyes" and would cringe at any sort of screaming. Now, I'd bet most kids in those circles are listening to stuff much, much heavier. Of course, loudness wars and impressive (or disgusting) production techniques also contribute to this.

So curious about what the next generation of adult-annoying heavy will be, only time will tell.

Either I'm too old, or my taste is too refined, or I'm too big of a douchebag (probably all three) but stuff like this (such as I See Stars and the sea of similar bands, at least to someone who doesn't spend much time in that genre) doesn't really appeal to me. But there's a huge market for it, and it will undoubtedly shape the future of music, like most trends that non-teenagers find unappealing.
11:29 AM on 07/25/13
Thursdaysox
Sleep Well
User Info.
oh wow. this is just what the world needs.
11:30 AM on 07/25/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Define hardcore
11:30 AM on 07/25/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
I'm lost. Is this a site where you discover "EHM" bands?
11:33 AM on 07/25/13
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
" We aim to retain the human element and live performance of music" but apparently do not aim to lead by example
11:34 AM on 07/25/13
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.
11:36 AM on 07/25/13
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
It's pretty depressing what happened to this band. 3D was such a solid record.
11:37 AM on 07/25/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
It's an ambitious idea. At least they're trying something different and it could work. Their Renegades Forever mixtape was surprisingly good (usually don't dig remixes).

I love ISS on CD but I am still rather upset to hear they backtrack their performances. Seems pointless and lazy.
11:37 AM on 07/25/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Nice idea, terrible color scheme
11:42 AM on 07/25/13
Steve Alcala
Let's play Smash. 1478-4468-2484
User Info.
Oof
11:50 AM on 07/25/13
centennial.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Alec Empire (of Atari Teenage Riot) started digital hardcore in 1990 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_hardcore
11:56 AM on 07/25/13
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

lost me here.
11:57 AM on 07/25/13
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Looks like they got it covered, can you guys not cover it here anymore?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos