Username
Password
Road Runner Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Road Runner Records
Inside AP.net

Killswitch Engage Drummer Breaks Collarbone

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (07/29/13)
Killswitch Engage drummer Justin Foley recently broke his collarbone in a bicycle accident. Jordan Mancino of As I Lay Dying will be filling in on the band's international tour dates, while Foley is expected to recover in time for their North American tour. You can check out the band's new lyric video for "Always" in the replies.
We have some not so good news to announce. Our drummer Justin Foley recently had a bicycle accident and broke his collarbone. So he will not be able to do this upcoming Asia/Europe tour that begins later this week. Luckily we were able to find a replacement drummer on short notice, so we will not be canceling any dates. The replacement drummer will be our longtime friend Jordan Mancino from As I Lay Dying. Barring any unforeseen issues, Justin should be back on track in time for our upcoming North American tour with Lamb of God, which starts in late October.

Justin had the following to say: "I've never missed a show, and I'm devastated that I have to miss this tour. I'd like to apologize to the fans and everyone involved with KsE for the inconvenience I've caused. I will do everything in my power to heal and return at full strength and as quickly as possible. In the meantime, I'm positive that Jordan will kill it and the band won't miss a beat without me. I'm honored to have such a monster player fill in. See you all very soon."

Jordan had the following to add: "I'm stoked to have this opportunity to help out Justin and my brothers in KsE. A few years back, Justin filled in for me on tour while I was dealing with the passing of my father. I'm now able to return the favor with a hope that Justin will heal from his injury quickly and effectively so he can get back out here and shred as he always does for the KsE fans!"

Killswitch would like to thank our Asia and Europe fans in advance for understanding. As always, thank you so much for the support.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
02:53 PM on 07/29/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
03:01 PM on 07/29/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Replacements don't get any better than that.
03:10 PM on 07/29/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Pretty solid replacement
03:32 PM on 07/29/13
hco7393
Black & Death Metal Enthusiast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is literally almost a week old. Come on, dude. Catch up
03:34 PM on 07/29/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
This is good with me, I can't wait to see them on Sunday.
03:35 PM on 07/29/13
hco7393
Black & Death Metal Enthusiast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
In fact, almost every other music news site covered this topic at least 5 days ago.
03:40 PM on 07/29/13
chewbacca110
dot dot dot REAL MAN!!
User Info.
As a drummer, I can't imagine what breaking my collarbone would mean for my playing. It would take a looooong time before he can get behind the kit.
04:00 PM on 07/29/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
This is literally almost a week old. Come on, dude. Catch up
If want news posted sooner, you can submit it.
04:01 PM on 07/29/13
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Sucks about the injury, but the replacement made me laugh, considering AILD were supposed to be touring with them anyway.

EDIT: whoops, guess I can't read sometimes. Didn't see this wouldn't have any impact on the North American tour. Still, kinda funny.
06:36 PM on 07/29/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
AILD needs to just drop Tim's crazy ass, get a new vocalist and move on...I would not sit around and wait
08:54 PM on 07/29/13
kyleabent
Shaman
User Info.
Great lyric video!
09:55 PM on 07/29/13
KillHipsters
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great news. I guess Jordan Mancino is just sitting around doing nothing at the moment, it makes sense.
02:30 AM on 07/30/13
swagofthe90s
music <3
User Info.
AILD needs to just drop Tim's crazy ass, get a new vocalist and move on...I would not sit around and wait
As I Lay Dying is Tim Lambesis
the fuck are you smoking?!
09:50 AM on 07/30/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
As I Lay Dying is Tim Lambesis
the fuck are you smoking?!
whatever! anyone can scream.....get someone who sounds close and move the fuck on
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests