AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Dear Hunter News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Dear Hunter Post Acoustic "Shouting in the Rain"

Posted by - 10:56 AM on 08/02/13
An acoustic version of "Shouting at the Rain" by The Dear Hunter is now streaming on their website.

Submitted by Fool

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
11:33 AM on 08/02/13
Fool
User Info.
Such a great version of one of the best songs off Migrant.
11:50 AM on 08/02/13
Charles777
my anaconda don't
User Info.
I'm more interested in what that new musical project will be (Hopefully the one with Anthony Green), but this is rad as well
12:51 PM on 08/02/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
I'm more interested in what that new musical project will be (Hopefully the one with Anthony Green), but this is rad as well
It's either that or the one Andy Hull mentioned a while back.
02:23 PM on 08/02/13
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
I prefer this to the original version. I sort of assumed this is what Migrant would sound like when they announced it would be more dialed down than usual.
03:43 PM on 08/02/13
StepBackLetGo
Try To Wear Your Breakfast Clothes
User Info.
My favorite track off the new record. So good.
03:57 PM on 08/02/13
likedyingy0ung
The Sap In My Selfish Glass
User Info.
It's either that or the one Andy Hull mentioned a while back.
He also said in an interview just before Migrant came out that he was discontinuing the Acts records and when he felt like finishing that story he would likely do so via a new project.
04:14 PM on 08/02/13
snoboardnfreek
rockin' out
User Info.
He also said in an interview just before Migrant came out that he was discontinuing the Acts records and when he felt like finishing that story he would likely do so via a new project.
That's pretty disappointing. I enjoy the acts more than the others
04:42 PM on 08/02/13
Fool
User Info.
Here's a Casey explanation about the above.

Quote:
Let me try and explain my response a little better - When I said "...but to be honest, at this point, I am having trouble with its context in the realm of my band." It was very literal. The problem is that the workflow in the current state of the band is a very productive one, particularly during the making of Migrant. Having a BAND for the first time - to bring their performances to the table, and for me to focus more on the big picture and not the minutia was very liberating.
In the past, with acts 1-3, I have had to be so incredibly stubborn and steadfast in the production of the records to try and maintain the very specific scope of each record. Even though the records are expansive, and eclectic, very little was left up to chance, and almost nothing was left up to improvisation. This is the way I need to make concept records.
Migrant is the other end... of the... spectrum. So much of it was on the spot, small changes, little flubs that were kept, because it is meant to be a very human record.
Now I didn't mean to say 'I will never finish the act records'. Realistically, I could never leave them unfinished. What will most likely happen is this: I will write the records on off time over the next year or so, then I will try and work in studio time when I can to complete it on my own, and mix it on my own as well... simultaneously I will be working on the next 'proper' release from the dear hunter.
I don't want you guys to feel that I have abandoned anything. I just feel very inspired by the work on Migrant, and want to see where that takes me. The Act records HAVE to be in a fairly particular style - I can't just slap a tree on Migrant 2 and call it act IV... its has to be right, and it has to be real... always keep it real.
05:52 PM on 08/02/13
likedyingy0ung
The Sap In My Selfish Glass
User Info.
That's pretty disappointing. I enjoy the acts more than the others
It is, but I feel where he's coming from. It's hard enough to finish a story of that scope once you hit the midpoint of it, especially when you have a team of people helping you tell the story who want to be creative too but are basically told they can't be because the story has to flow a certain way.
06:19 PM on 08/02/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
i'm hoping for the one with AG as well, because it's been a year since it was first mentioned/hinted at and there have been no updates since
09:34 PM on 08/02/13
Fool
User Info.
i'm hoping for the one with AG as well, because it's been a year since it was first mentioned/hinted at and there have been no updates since
Casey was talking about it while recording TCS. That's why I figured it probably wasn't going to happen. A lot of time has passed with no news. I'd love to be wrong on this though.
10:40 PM on 08/02/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
Here's a Casey explanation about the above.
So long as The Acts get finished eventually. I love everything the man's ever done but if I have one pet peeve, it's when a story is left unfinished.
08:16 AM on 08/03/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
Love this version, but I'd take the original over it for sure! I really enjoy Migrant, it's nice to read Casey's explenation which makes him look really genuine to me.. Also, first time hearing about the project with Anthony, would be sweet!
12:09 PM on 08/03/13
Ska Senanake
Ska Senanake
User Info.
Not a huge fan of Migrant, maybe I'll give it a second listen.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos