AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Contest News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Contest: The Grove Fest

Posted by - 03:49 PM on 08/02/13
This weekend is packed with festivals all over the continent, so we wanted to bring The Grove Festival to your attention in case it's not on your radar yet. This special event that's taking place in Toronto this weekend (well, tomorrow!) has been put together by Arts & Crafts along with other sponsors, and the lineup includes Phoenix, Girl Talk, Hot Chop, The Gaslight Anthem, Earl Sweatshirt, Wavves, Young Empires and more. In other words, you are guaranteed to have a kick-ass time while enjoying some great tunes. The best part? Noisy Ghost PR + 24West are giving away 10 tickets -- for free! -- through AP.net if you would like to attend.

How to enter the contest? It's simple: follow AP + Noisy Ghost on Twitter, and respond to this post giving us a reason why you should be one of the winners. Tell us why you'd like to attend, which bands you'd like to see and why, and so on. The reasons are endless! Go!

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
03:50 PM on 08/02/13
Lueda Alia
User Info.
There will be five winners, and each one will win two tickets (so you don't have to go alone!). Since this is short notice, you will be notified by the end of the night about whether you've won.

Note: You can also win through Noisy Ghost's Facebook post!

Please don't forget to check back on the site later tonight and tomorrow. Good luck!

04:13 PM on 08/02/13
mikeysaysmikey
Michael
User Info.
There will be five winners, and each one will win two tickets (so you don't have to go alone!). Since this is short notice, you will be notified by the end of the night about whether you've won. Good luck!

I would like tickets because my girlfriend and I would love to see Phoenix live. We are too broke to afford the tickets (due to spending all our money on a trip to Portland to see Death Cab play Transatlanticism). Help us out! :)
04:19 PM on 08/02/13
Secretlives
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This would be amazing line up to see. My girlfriend and I would love to see gaslight anthem, Phoenix, Wavves and Girl Talk. Plus it was my birthday last week!
04:29 PM on 08/02/13
ihavepinkhair
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would like to go for one reason; Gaslight Anthem!
04:32 PM on 08/02/13
yiyo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm visiting the country and winning these tickets would be so amazing for my "canadian experience haha" please please!!!! - Should I speak in spanish? :P
I'd like to see Phoenix and Girl Talk. (big fan of Phoenix though)

¡Gracias!
:)
04:59 PM on 08/02/13
derek_8
User Info.
I would like to go because If I dont im stuck working for the weekend. The only humane thing to do would be to give me tickets
05:34 PM on 08/02/13
Mikenovacane
BRXTN
User Info.
I'm dying to go to this show to dance my face off to Girl Talk and Hot Chip, and also so I will have some pics to retaliate with to all my friends on FB who're posting statuses from Osheaga and Lollapalooza.
Buncha dumb beavers.
07:28 PM on 08/02/13
missmaria152
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would love tickets because I have seen gaslight play almost every kind of venue other than a festival. I would love to watch Brian, Alex, Alex, Benny, and Ian groove out on stage for thousands of people. I would love to bring up The band's spirits after the debacle of what happened at pier 26 a few days ago. Also, wavves. Need I say more? While I'm disappointed it moved from niagara on the lake to Toronto, and macklemore and icona pop dropped off, this is one of the more stacked line ups coming in the area. I would love to spend the day in this small window of nice weather we get up here hanging out and enjoying the day with my girlfriend watching our favorite band
11:58 PM on 08/02/13
dubey
trillest
User Info.
Really would like to see Gaslight Anthem perform. Had the chance when they toured with Rise Against, Thrice, and Alkaline Trio but never checked them out prior to the show and skipped their set. Didn't think a show with those three bands could have been any better anyway. I couldn't have been more wrong.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos