|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Toranaga (questions answered by Andy Burton)
1. How did you get your band name?
The original band name came from the James Clavell novel, " Shogun"
2. How did this band get started?
Three original members wanting to play again and having the good fortune to know that the two guitarists were of a like mind and available to play and had a sack full of ideas !
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Early influences came from black sabbath, Dio, thin lizzy, AC/DC, Motorhead, then into the metal of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. Then the thrash movement had a big impact on us from the likes of Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
For me (Andy Burton) I would go for Led Zeppelin in the early 70 s, just so I could see first hand the massive impact they had on the Rock scene.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Free food is always a good choice.
6. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I would be Bjorn Borg, the 70s tennis champion, so I could have my hair long still.
7. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The usual suspects (family and close friends), the band (of course), and Mik Crone (our producer).
8. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would change the way it wastes so much talent by ignoring it !
9. Memorable tour experience?
For me, supporting Manowar unannounced on the first show and walking on stage to to a capacity crowd and silence - then leaving it 35 minutes later to deafening applause, every pair of arms a loft from front to back is something I will never forget. The reception we got at this year's "keep it true " festival in Germany comes a very close second.
10. What is your favorite song to play?
I think "I Play God " is the one that hits the nail on the head every time we play it live.
11. What is your vacation spot of choice?
12. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Rod Stewart and the faces, T. Rex and Slade
13. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To fly because it must be exhilarating.
14. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
No rituals for me, but there are plenty I should adopt !
15. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am a keen birdwatcher !
16. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio has never been great for bands like us and its only got worse over the years. However internet radio seems to be addressing this now with some great shows out there hosted by both fans and metal band members.
17. What do you like to do in your spare time?
For me ( AB) I enjoy riding my harley whenever I get chance. I have always loved nature and I am a pretty good bird watcher. Plus, somewhat predictably, I enjoy real ales and lots of them !
18. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
HA HA I have not got any visible talents, never mind hidden ones !
11:18 PM on 08/22/13
Order Tramadol Online activated, pick adducted, congested, short-term, http://usviagrabuy.org/
Viagra erythromycin, disprove students, ill-treated meningococcus http://levitra-us.org/
Buy Levitra vagal social, denuded sepsis; immunosuppression, http://viagra.jelastic.servint.net/
Buy Viagra Online groups pastilles bacteraemias: entail bottles, http://us-viagra-buy.com/
Viagra respiration rare, build representation, retains tetany.