1. How did you get your band name?
We had a previous name which no longer matched with our style and lyrics. We have chosen "When Reasons Collapse" to fit with the music and lyrics: we are very much talking about men and how crazy and violent they behave and evolve. The word 'reasons' has multiple meanings that fit with the general idea of what we wanted to show in our band's name and that's why we chose it.
2. How did this band get started?
Thierry (guitar) has been there the whole time with our previous drummer Philippe, who stayed with us until the release of our first EP "Tale of Crime". I joined the band in 2008 and we then chose a new name and also defined the direction we wanted to take. The others joined us a bit later - Julien and Hugo (guitar/bass) before the release of our first EP "Tale of Crime". And Guillaume (drums) joined us very recently.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We are influenced by many bands and different styles, from hardcore to melodic death metal and even black metal! Some examples are: The Black Dahlia Murder, Heaven Shall Burn, In Flames, and Dark Tranquility.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
We particularly like to share the stage with friends, but we would also like to play with bands that really inspire us or bands we like very much such as Heaven Shall Burn, Promethée, and the Black Dahlia Murder.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
We like to stop on our way to have a simple picnic with huge sandwiches and fruits. It happens every single time we're playing away from Paris.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should definitely listen to our band because we love what we do and we want to share our passion with everyone.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Any good looking athlete who is not on drugs. I guess that's pretty rare nowadays!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We would especially thank people who have been following and supporting us from the beginning, but also the one who believe in us even if they have recently heard about us.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Every kind of extreme music is not promoted enough. I would change that. Every time we listen to the biggest radios, the music is all the same everywhere, everything sounds alike and that's a pity.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Every show we've played yet has been great. We especially love to play in small cities and places because we can be close to the audience and have fun, drink and get crazy afterwards with the people who are there.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AbsolutePunk.net - The website's really cool! I love it.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Full of lies", we made a videoclip out of it. It's a quite good sum up of the music we play.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
We love traveling but don't really have a spot of choice. Foreign countries are the best - especially if they have good beer and nice people!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Metallica, Queen, Rage against the Machine, the Offspring and Nirvana are the bands that remind me of my childhood. I remember at that time that the Spice Girls were everywhere and it was also a time when Dance Music was very popular.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Turning into everyone I want. I think it would be a great super power because at some point in our life we all want to be someone else, even for a day, just to escape reality.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
A beer before the show! We don't have any superstitions.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Julien (guitar) and Guillaume (drums) are brothers; Julien and Hugo (bass) are friends from school.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio in our country is very limited. It's always the same kind of music and it's very hard to find alternative music. That's not a place where I discover new artists anymore. I'd love to have our band on radio but unfortunately I don't really think we could flourish there, at least not on French radio. I'm not very familiar with radio in other places, I hope they are more open minded!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Band practice and shows!! We also like doing sports, having fun and party with friends. We love to see other bands on stage all together. We also all have jobs that take a lot of time, so we're enjoying every moment outside work and band practice.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We're all good at math!