|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Sienna (Providence, RI)
www.facebook.com/siennarock / www.reverbnation.com/siennarock
1. How did you get your band name?
We travelled back through time to Ancient Greece to seek out the Oracle at Delphi and have the prophecy of what our band name should be revealed to us. The Oracle said it was destiny that our name should be Sienna, so we were like, "I guess we should probably call it Sienna."
2. How did this band get started?
Most of us had been playing together in different bands for quite some time, but when our singer Viana came into the picture it all just clicked in a way that it hadn't before and we haven't looked back since!
3. What bands are you influenced by?
All four of us are big fans of Taking Back Sunday, Anthony Green, Say Anything, Coheed and Cambria, Paramore, The Movielife, Piebald, and other stuff like that. But like most musicians, we listen to anything that might inspire us! We'd be lying if we said we didn't blast some Hall & Oates on the way to a few shows (and we are not ashamed).
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
For us it would be pretty amazing to tour with Blink 182 during the "Enema of the State" years, because at that point they were constantly running around naked and making dirty jokes, which should really be the whole point of getting to go on tour.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Vegetables...our moms told us if we don't eat our vegetables we'll suck at music!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we have always set out to play the type of music that all of us actually love and continue to listen to, and the greatest thing for us would be to inspire other people to do the same thing. And because we're charming.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We would change the fact that the music industry is run by businessmen, because for us good music has nothing to do with big business, unless of course it's the business of shaking your ass.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We've had some pretty memorable times but legally we're not allowed to talk about them right now.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP is an incredible resource for professional and amateur musicians alike, and the type of accessibility they provide to new bands is truly something to be grateful for. We check it out all the time to keep informed about what's new!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
It's hard to say, but probably "Better Man" from our new EP "Making Change". It's high energy, it has a serious groove, and it always gets a great crowd reaction. You can't ask for more than that!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
North Dakota. Don't ask why, but we friggin love tumbleweeds.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Pretty much any song that was on Sesame Street or Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Any time we forget our ABC's we just go back to those jams.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power to romantically arouse people with our music...oh wait, WE ALREADY DO THAT.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Usually we drink.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
There are probably a lot of things, but we're not shy...if fans want to know something about us, they can just hit us up and ask! We're like an open book...an audiobook.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio is really in a weird place right now because of how accessible music has become via social networking and free music downloading. People need to take hold of these changing times and bring radio into a new phase that can hold the attention of the younger generation. Radio will survive somehow!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Viana looks at cat pics with her friends, Alex plays ukulele on top of a mountain, Zach has a Bowflex, and Gregg can often be seen at hippy jam festivals/swing parties.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We can all make origami animals out of Starburst wrappers with our tongues.