AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Arctic Monkeys News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Arctic Monkeys' Reveal New Video

Posted by - 08:04 AM on 08/11/13
Watch the new video from Arctic Monkeys in the replies for "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?".

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
08:04 AM on 08/11/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
08:16 AM on 08/11/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
love this song, awesome video. Just recently really got into these guys, can't wait for the new album!
08:39 AM on 08/11/13
TheModernAge
User Info.
Pretty great video. The song of course is very good as well.
09:00 AM on 08/11/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Still one of my favorite bands. Can't wait for this. Shaping up to possibly be their best yet.
09:34 AM on 08/11/13
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Super pumped for this LP. Bring it. They've never failed to impress me.
09:48 AM on 08/11/13
mvbead
User Info.
Is it supposed to be grammatically incorrect for like irony or something? Cuz it's really bugging me every time I look at it.
10:31 AM on 08/11/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Still one of my favorite bands. Can't wait for this. Shaping up to possibly be their best yet.
I've like AM for a while but I gotta say I haven't been this excited for one of their releases in a long time. I just love everything they've released about this album and the videos. Some of their best work in years!
11:35 AM on 08/11/13
onlyoneword
~
User Info.
I don't know why but I've always thought of Alex Turner as not having much of a personality, but this video definitely makes me think the otherwise. Great video.
01:42 PM on 08/11/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
Great song, catchy as always.
03:42 PM on 08/11/13
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Is it supposed to be grammatically incorrect for like irony or something? Cuz it's really bugging me every time I look at it.

I kind of see what you mean but it depends how you read it. I suppose you're reading it 'why do you only call me when you're high', the way this reads though it seems to say 'why did you only call me when you're high', or even 'why would you only call me when you're high'
03:55 PM on 08/11/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
I kind of see what you mean but it depends how you read it. I suppose you're reading it 'why do you only call me when you're high', the way this reads though it seems to say 'why did you only call me when you're high', or even 'why would you only call me when you're high'

It's the mixing of tenses that infuriates me, because "why'd" means why did. So either change it to "why do" or change "you're" to "you were".
03:58 PM on 08/11/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
It's the mixing of tenses that infuriates me, because "why'd" means why did. So either change it to "why do" or change "you're" to "you were".
The "why'd" over here means all of the ones Paul said really. It's a shorthand/colloquial way of saying "why did", "why would" or "why do" all separately.

Technically wrong, but it's just the evolution of it and the informal nature of the phrase over here.
04:35 PM on 08/11/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
The "why'd" over here means all of the ones Paul said really. It's a shorthand/colloquial way of saying "why did", "why would" or "why do" all separately.

Technically wrong, but it's just the evolution of it and the informal nature of the phrase over here.
Ooh, didn't know that, gotcha. As an American it still bugs me though haha.
05:04 PM on 08/11/13
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
Bloody Awesome. Cannot wait to heare more of the hip-hop inspired tunes like this one on AM.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos