|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Right when the band started everyone was hanging out and our friend, Issac, saw a piece of wood and said “Hey, call it 2X4,” and the name stuck.
2. How did this band get started?
Colin and friends were in the band from the beginning, then Micah joined as the vocalist, and then later on Jayson was added to make the lineup a 5 piece. Last summer both the drummer and bassist left the band and Matt and Eric joined, completing the lineup that we have now.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Misery Signals, Motley Crue, The Acacia Strain, Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Boston, Comeback Kid, Underoath, Metallica, and Slipknot
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
All of the bands that we are influenced by as well as, King Conquer, Fit For a King, Those Who Fear and Adaliah because they are our good friends and have helped us grow as a band and taught us how to be a better band as a whole. Mouth Of The South because they are the first band we ever toured with and are long time friends of ours.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Subway or buying food from a grocery store and grilling out after a show
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We like to think that we’re a breath of fresh air in heavy music and take it back to its roots. We also heavy but have a good message that want to make a difference.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Michael Jordan because he is the greatest basketball player to ever live.
Emmit Smith, because he had more rushing yards than anyone ever and destroyed everyone.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, our families, people that have supported our music in any way, Josh Schroder, Travis Wimp for being awesome, and all the bands that we have toured with.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
With the way the internet is today raw talent and musicianship is overlooked by marketability. Now that we are in the digital age of recording so much of what is out is not real and sometimes not physically possible - we wish that there was a balance.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We had a show fall through last summer on our tour with Mouth Of The South and we hadn’t been paid in 3 days. Luckily people donated money and we were able to get a hotel room for both us and MOTS. Also when Jay from Barrier ate a cup of dirt for $5.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It is the standard in heavy music forums as well as album reviews. Growing up seeing albums get good reviews made me want to go listen to them and gave me a place to find new bands that were relevant to me.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Refined by Fire" or "Dead Days" because that is when the crowd goes insane.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
90’s pop punk, Nu Metal, and classic rock
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Super strength so I destroy anything and everything that got in my way.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Eric – Go pee, then drink a bottle of water, and then stretch
Matt – Pray, stretching, running, then lots of water
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We all have fake Indian names and give the bands we tour with Indian names.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
We would love to be able to be on the radio but honestly it’s kind of ridiculous at the moment because artists that are on the radio talk about sex, drugs, and violence and that is readily accessible and accepted; yet our music promotes a positive message of self worth but we are not accepted by the general public and are seen as making dangerous music because of our genre.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Hangout with friends, workout, and eat.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Jayson is a awesome go kart racer
Matt is a great trombone player
Micah is a good artist
Colin is great at playing classic rock solos
Eric is a good singer
More From This Author