AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

12:46 AM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
Pinksnow
My friend invited me to be his best man at his wedding. But I do not know what I should do as the best man. Is there anything that should be noted? Do you have any suggestions?
12:57 AM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
Don't make a drunken ass out of yourself and don't fuck up the speech. That's it.
04:15 AM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
Shenevercalled
No Avatar Selected
Male - 27 Years Old
05:47 AM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 29 Years Old
Throw him a kick ass bachelor party.
07:22 AM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
Don't have sex with the bride
07:30 AM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
CoopDawg
The plan keeps coming up again...
Black Mesa Research...
G-Man - 22 Years Old
Don't have sex with the bride
I am pretty sure having sex with the bride is a requirement. That's why he's called the "best" man.
08:49 AM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
Pa
Male - 28 Years Old
I'm actually curious about this as well since i'm in the same boat... Obviously there's the bachelor party and speech, but is that it?
09:25 AM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 28 Years Old
When I was best man I arranged the bachelor party (transportation, where we were going, who was paying for what for the groom), make a decent speech that was longer than 30 seconds, arrange a gift from all the groomsman, and keep all the groomsman wrangled up and up to date on what was happening with rehersals and all that shit, and pretty much doing whatever the groom asked to keep the stress off of him.
09:47 AM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
screamoutmyname
through being cool
Pennsylvania
Male - 25 Years Old
"what should the best man to do" ???

brush up on your grammar, you've got a speech to give.
02:42 PM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
I've always understood that the best man - along with giving the speech and such - should basically be the go-to guy for the groom and whatever the groom needs to make his wedding day as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
05:33 PM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
You are responsible for the strippers and blow aka bachelor party.
06:40 PM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
muttley
Drop all your things and go outside
Arizona
Male - 23 Years Old
It's very crucial that you show up to the wedding.
06:58 PM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
mrgenious
the sugary smell of spring time
Missouri
Male - 22 Years Old
It's very crucial that you show up to the wedding.
very debatable.
07:29 PM on 08/14/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
What's up Hot Dog?
Connecticut
Male
My friend invited me to be his best man at his wedding. But I do not know what I should do as the best man. Is there anything that should be noted? Do you have any suggestions?

I was a Best Man four years ago for my college friend. Pretty much my only responsibility was giving a speech at the wedding. The groom had three older brothers that organized the bachelor party. Nothing wild, just spent the day out on the water on a chartered boat fishing then did a pub crawl that night. I'm not one for public speaking, so I had two gin & tonics before I went up to speak at the reception to calm my nerves. It's best to make a speech with some jokes, maybe some back story as how the groom met the bride. I was lucky enough to actually be with my friend the moment he met his would-be bride, who's now expecting. Just make sure you wish them well and something to appease the crowd, particularly the bride and groom's families. And definitely recite your prepared speech at least a dozen times on your own beforehand. I've taken a few communication college courses and the one piece of advice I took away was that in public speaking, make eye contact with several people in the audience while speaking. Best of luck to you.
10:05 AM on 08/15/13 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
I was a Best Man four years for my college friend. Pretty much my only responsibility was giving a speech at the wedding. The groom had three older brothers that organized the bachelor party. Nothing wild, just spent the day out on the water on a chartered boat fishing then did a pub crawl that night. I'm not one for public speaking, so I had two gin & tonics before I went up to speak at the reception to calm my nerves. It's best to make a speech with some jokes, maybe some back story as how the groom met the bride. I was lucky enough to actually be with my friend the moment he met his would-be bride, who's now expecting. Just make sure you wish them well and something to appease the crowd, particularly the bride and groom's families. And definitely recite your prepared speech at least a dozen times on your own beforehand. I've taken a few communication college courses and the one piece of advice I took away was that in public speaking, make eye contact with several people in the audience while speaking. Best of luck to you.

Has your friend been married four times?

lol'd.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version