The Cut Losses - 07.27.13
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
The Cut Losses
1. How did you get your band name?
The name comes from previous experiences as well as the phrase "cut your losses".
2. How did this band get started?
Originally formed between two high school friends, later reformed with the drummer becoming the frontman and gaining a bassist
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The beach boys, wavves, young the giant, the strokes, the wombats, silver sun pickups, white lies, tame impala, kings of leon
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Pretty much any band we listed above
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Doritos + Redbull
6. Why should people listen to your band?
If you like to piss people off and just want to support true indie music, listen to our band.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I'm not into sports much.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Well, we are an independent band, so hopefully that answers the question.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The amount of people who think they're amazing because they play complex music. Like, fuck that; just play out of passion, man.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Pretty much anytime we've all seen Chris naked (apprx. 4 times)
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A great place for all forms of music to find exposure and new music.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I think the whole band enjoys playing "New/Knew" because it was the first song we played as a collective.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to answer all of these questions in one go.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Doritos + Red Bull
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We try to be really good people, we just have bad luck.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
The radio is a useless industry to try and break through.If your music is good enough people will pay attention. One song being exposed to thousands of people won't mean anything if you can't back it up.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Work (not within music because we can't actually write songs), watch netflix and joy ride.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We're not good at anything.