1. How did you get your band name?
We put down a long list of names, inspired by books, film titles, and fantasy names - pretty much whatever came into our minds.
The Dead Good was one of them. We loved it! It’s not too simple, not too obvious and it leaves space for interpretation. For us it means that in the end, everything will be good, no matter if it is a stressful time, a relationship, or your life.
2. How did this band get started? Kind of unusual! We actually got first “sexually and emotionally” involved with each other…we met at a bar, started dating, fell in love, and decided to work on a music project together. From a love affair, over shared passion for music, to our duo The Dead Good.
3. What bands are you influenced by? Puscifer, The Kills, Band of Skulls, My Bloody Valentine, Queens of The Stone Age.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? From the past…being huge fans of Nirvana, that would have been a pretty cool spot to share with. Right now probably The Kills or Queens of The Stone Age because we love the energy of both bands on stage and, of course, their music.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Probably Mexican! Living in California you get the best Mexican food outside the Mexican border. But since we are both Europeans (Germany and Italy) we love European food…
6. Why should people listen to your band? If someone likes to listen to something raw, honest and full of authenticity, then they should listen to us! It’s just the two of us, Sonny and Isabella, writing and performing the songs, they come straight from our maniac souls and we like to take people on our adventurous journey. Oh - and did I mention, that our music is actually for free? You can download the whole EP on www.thedeadgood.bandcamp.com! Free music, totally legal!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? That’s a really hard question…we are not very athletic people unless - on stage or in the bedroom! We don’t really follow up with the sports world or are interested in watching sport events - if we had to name someone, that athlete might already be dead.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? At first both of our parents because they always supported us and they never tried to destroy our dreams. Then whoever would have helped to make that success possible like management, label and friends, but most of all we would thank our fans because they are freaking amazing and they are the real reason for your success.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? We totally disagree with the work of most labels, because they just put a ton of artists on their roster without actually caring for them in the hope that one of them will make it big. It’s like gambling for them and it sucks to not get the right support from the label, which an upcoming band needs.
10. Memorable tour experience? Touring in Europe was pretty fun. We played in packed houses and people were going nuts on your songs. And Europe has for sure the best after parties…
11. What does AP.net mean to you? We are super glad to find a page like AP.net online. It has the perfect mixture of news, updates, support and AP gives bands several opportunities to introduce themselves. The more time we spent here, the more we are getting in all the threads and what people are writing! Awesome!
12. What is your favorite song to play? "Saw, Drills and Glue Guns!" It’s a song from like a Rob Zombie movie. Imagine a freak show, upbeat tempo and ironic lyrics with a funky punk attitude. It’s super fun to perform and gives you lots of energy.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? Italy and Germany of course!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Reading people’s minds! How cool would it be to just read the real thoughts of a person that’s trying to bullshit you or maybe the police guy scanning your outfit when you walk by?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Not really…a couple of drinks, good luck and that’s it!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? That I, Sonny, love cooking and cutting garlic in a meticulous way.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? Definitely. We got a lot of radio stations playing some of our songs and that helped us to grow our fan base. Some people probably would have never found out about us if it weren’t for some airplays.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Going for hikes with our dog Baquero, taking pictures and enjoying photography, and listening to new bands out there.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? Isabella says that I’m really talented in telling stories. I guess I have a very picturesque and funny way, which always makes her laugh.
Isabella seems like to never sleep. In the middle of the night you can ask her a question and she’ll answer you right away and be totally awake!