AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Fest 12 Releases Full Schedule: Gentlemen, Start Your Conflicts

Posted by - 01:17 PM on 08/23/13
Fest 12 has released its full schedule, which you can view on their website. With the festival expanding to four days for the first time ever, there's a lot to digest. If you're going, discuss who you want to see most, where you'll be each night and speculate about the "mystery sets." And remember, there are always conflicts when your festival has this many great bands...so keep the noise down. Also, remember to pick up your tickets and keep up with our coverage.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
01:19 PM on 08/23/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Fest 12 Schedule ReleasedHello FEST Friends,

So, today is the day you have all been waiting for!!! We have put up the FEST 12 schedule!!! Sarah G has been imputing it all into the FEST matrix, and I think I did the best I can do with building some rad showcases. Now, before you all jump on the interweb or your phone to bitch and bitch about how so in so is playing against so in so keep a few things in mind:

1) There will be conflicts, and many bands you like playing at the same time. I know firsthand the bummer with conflicts. I curated this beast and like more bands playing than you do I’m sure. Remember, I’m the one who asked them to play foo!

We also tried to help with the conflicting problem of FEST just having too much awesomeness for your brain to wrap around by creating BIG PRE-FEST IN LITTLE YBOR. By attending both you have time from now ‘til then to decide who you catch at PRE-FEST vs. FEST 12. Best of two cities!

2) Take your time and map it out. I like to suggest doing split sets. Watch half of one band then set over and watch the other half of another. Also, think about out of the bands you have conflict over who will tour round your area and who do you never get to see?

3) Also, as an attendee you have to keep in mind that sometimes bands are playing a certain showcase because they could only play on that day, or even round that time of the day. There are more bands flying in this year than ever. Trust me, playing travel agent is not our favorite part of putting on this shit!

4) …and lastly…this is for you BANDS…..don’t cry me a river because you are playing against a band that you think is gonna take away from your draw. Step up and be confident in what you do. Also, there will be 8,000+ people here. If you can’t get 200,300,400 hell….10% of them to come see you play then maybe…….? Also, not everyone in attendance can be in one venue at one time. And lastly, if you cry to Sarah about how you are gonna miss a band you really like when you play then you should have told us months ago when they were announced. Some bands did that and you know what? We did not schedule them to conflict. So, have some faith and just enjoy having the best show playing for the BEST fans you could be so blessed to have.

Now, after all that blah blah blah I do have to say that I do FUCK THINGS UP for some folks sometimes. So, feel free to call out any bone head moves and give us some time. We might find a better solution to it all.

Now, more about the schedule.

-WALK UP SALES: No, there will not be advance purchase on these individual shows. You want to only pay for that show? Well, be in line and buy your ticket to that show.

-CAN I LEAVE AND COME BACK LIKE FEST 12 WRISTBAND HOLDERS? Yes, but same rules apply. If the venue is at capacity when you come back, you must wait in line until there is room for your human body. The larger venues (8 Sec/ FL Theater/ Wooly should not be at capacity always…..but, who knows. I would worry more about smaller spaces like 1982, the Atlantic, Nelly’s about re-entry lines.)

-CAN I DO WALK UP TO MORE THAN ONE VENUE ON THE SAME DAY? Sure, that is why we allow some walk up sales. I understand that sometimes life does not allow you to FEST for four days. So, come enjoy a show or two or three on one day. My suggestion is to wait in line and get your writstband first thing at each show you want to see. This goes for everyone really. That is how your day/afternoon should start. Then it will be quicker and easier on door people when you are already banded up for that show.

I think that is about it for my advice column. We really worked hard on this year so we hope you all like what we have done. It is really only two of us, me and Sarah G who plan the demise of your health and hearing. This year was even more of challenge because we added more work. A two day PRE-FEST in Ybor, Four Days now in Gainesville, and we have I think over 400 time slots to work with for FEST 12. If you don’t think our job is hard then feel free to do your own damn FEST! I’ll be the first one there to check it out and drink cold ones all day long!

If this is the first time you are coming to our site, take some time and move about. We have a pretty awesome little interweb house here so scroll down through past news, download our free comps to check out some new bands, listen to the FEST radio player to do the same, jump onFEST social media or our MESSAGE BOARD and get to know some other folks who kinda dig what you dig. Also, the message board is a great way to ask FEST VETS advice and questions. AK.A. not emailing us a bunch of questions were the answers could be found by reading theF.A.Q. or the site for that matter.

Tampa & Gainesville Locals: Looking to volunteer? Wanna bust your ass a little, hang a lot and get a little bit more firsthand knowledge about the beast? Check out all the details on theVOLUNTEER PAGE. All the details are up for both locales. Take a gander, and mark your calendars! We couldn’t do this without you!

So, next week comes the end of Summer… It also means the end of the time you can bail out on your FEST 12/ PRE-FEST plans. If you need a refund on a hotel room and want 100% of your money back then you have to get it done before SEPTEMBER 1ST!!!

This info is also on the HOTELS PAGE.

Hotel Room Cancellations:

Before September 1st, 2013: Full Refund minus $20 change fee

September 1st - October 13th, 2013: 50% Refund minus $20 change fee

October 13th - October 29th, 2013: NO REFUNDS AVAILABLE. *you may still change the name the hotel is under for a $20 fee.

If you have been on a waiting list for a room then maybe some of these folks will bail and you will get the email saying green light go!

Also, next FRIDAY we will be bringing you Volume #3 & #4 in our seven part FREE DOWNLOAD FEST COMP series! So, enjoy that while try not to LABOR so hard. I myself will be hitting up the grand opening of the WOOLY (the New Top Spot with a BIG MAKEOVER!!!)

Also, check out High Voltage/Whiskey & Co. and some of Hal’s (the Top) top fucking notch BBQ!

Thanks and enjoy!!!!

-Tony and the FEST 12 crew
01:19 PM on 08/23/13
gurby
the kids can't lose
User Info.
friday is too damn much. i'm going to sweat and cry until it arrives.
01:40 PM on 08/23/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
i might be heading down with empire for this, and i'm so overwhelmed looking at this schedule. but also excited. does anyone have any tips for first time attendees/people working with bands and labels?
01:48 PM on 08/23/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
possibilities for saturday are near perfect:

1:00pm - 1:30pmChris Cresswell (The Flatliners)
1:45pm - 2:15pmJoe McMahon (Smoke or Fire)
2:30pm - 3:00pmTim Browne (Elway)
3:30pm - 4:10pmBanner Pilot
4:30pm - 5:10pmRVIVR (maybe. or the stuff at the Wooly. or eat at some point)
6:20pm - 6:50pmTimeshares
7:10pm - 7:40pmModern Baseball
8:20pm - 9:00pmNothington
9:20pm - 10:00pmElway
10:20pm - 11:00pmOff With Their Heads
11:30pm - 12:10amRestorations
1:00am - 1:30amCaptain We're Sinking

rest of the days are also stacked.

Worst conflicts are Lawerence Arms and Lucero. Which is a bummer but like, I'll live without seeing Lucero and Fest, and then the Junior Battles and Banquets vs Swellers and No Trigger. That one sucks hard, but given all the great bands playing I'm was braced for a couple of bad conflicts and they certainly could've been worse.
02:11 PM on 08/23/13
BlackTaxi2d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeesh, i need to put this in a spreadsheet to understand it
02:20 PM on 08/23/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Hope to see some of you weirdos there.
02:30 PM on 08/23/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
i might be heading down with empire for this, and i'm so overwhelmed looking at this schedule. but also excited. does anyone have any tips for first time attendees/people working with bands and labels?
yes, make sure you can at least one glass of water per 10 beers or you will certainly get fest pneumonia
03:10 PM on 08/23/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
yeesh, i need to put this in a spreadsheet to understand it
http://clashfinder.com/s/fest12/

boom
03:11 PM on 08/23/13
xpastoutagainx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anyone else think the Knapsack show is stacked!!!
04:39 PM on 08/23/13
gabrielM
User Info.
I had one real conflict and it was a big one. Tiny Moving Parts and Hop Along :( 2 of my favorite bands.
08:49 PM on 08/23/13
areyoukittenme?
User Info.
I'll really sit down and figure this out later but the worst conflict I'm seeing right off the bat is The Menzingers and Dads. I'm so freaking happy there's no major conflicts with Braid or Knapsack tho.
09:47 PM on 08/23/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
I had Fest pneumonia for two months last year comes with the lowest recommendation ever.
03:38 AM on 08/24/13
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I had one real conflict and it was a big one. Tiny Moving Parts and Hop Along :( 2 of my favorite bands.
well, where do you live? im in baltimore and while i guess i could drive to philly to see hop along, they havent come through here yet but tiny moving parts ive seen on like three different national tours this year and theyre from minnesota/north dakota.
06:40 AM on 08/24/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
yes, make sure you can at least one glass of water per 10 beers or you will certainly get fest pneumonia
haha, thanks. if i go, i'll be working a lot of it, so i probably won't be as drunk as that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos