AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

06:11 AM on 08/25/13 
User Info.
CGarnsay
No Avatar Selected
Male - 26 Years Old
So my girlfriend of about nine months left me yesterday (again), and it just has been getting old lately. I have really just prepped myself for this coming end. Yeah, I did not want to end but expected it.
So here come's the problem, I've been friend with this other girl for a while, we are a lot alike in many ways and she went through the same stuff, of course as friends we were there for each other, but last night she came over just to hang out. At one point I was tickling her just playing around, and she looked at me like she was expecting me to kiss her, but I didn't want her to feel like a rebound.
How long should I give myself?
03:26 PM on 08/25/13 
User Info.
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
The Mountains, UK
Male - 26 Years Old
if she wants it, and you want it, go for it!!! life is too short man

#bro
05:14 PM on 08/25/13 
User Info.
Dino Day
For the Glory of Humanity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
You should wait.
07:08 PM on 08/25/13 
User Info.
CGarnsay
No Avatar Selected
Male - 26 Years Old
See I feel as though I should wait as well. My ex and I broke up for three weeks, then got back together for a week... That week was just not right, so pretty much we've been done for a month. Though I can't lie this girl I have been talking to has been a great friend, and I thought we were friend zoned but I am seeing her in a whole new light. Plus my friends are pushing me to date her.

#confuzzled
07:36 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 29 Years Old
If she lets you tickle then she wants that pickle.
07:40 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
Tralfamadorian
Take a chance. There's always the possibility you'll break up in the future and won't remain friends. So I guess just weigh the possibility of living a life together or never speaking to each other again.
08:26 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
CGarnsay
No Avatar Selected
Male - 26 Years Old
Take a chance. There's always the possibility you'll break up in the future and won't remain friends. So I guess just weigh the possibility of living a life together or never speaking to each other again.

That is what is scaring me. I honestly believe if we committed to each other, it would last. I seriously had all I could do not to kiss her, because I didn't want her to feel like I was just being needy, I want it to be something authentic if, and when, I kiss her.
12:13 PM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
Brooklyn, NY
Male
If it feels right then it's right, sure you could wait but if it works out you'll probably feel pretty stupid once you're happy about being with her in the future. Ironically I'm in a similar situation right now but the girl I like lives several hours away in the middle of nowhere so I don't know if it'll ever be but waiting a few months really tires out after awhile.
01:57 PM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
White
A masochist cannibal dining alone.
Orgasmville, NA
Otherkin
Consummate your friendship with her. If things don't work out and you fear you may lose her as a friend, you can always start gaslighting her.
02:03 PM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
The only thing that matters in this case is whether the OP still has feelings for his ex or not. If he does, then don't do it, if not, then feel free to jump in.
03:47 PM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
CGarnsay
No Avatar Selected
Male - 26 Years Old
I honestly don't feel like I have feelings for my ex, she really used me from the feel of it all. I'm in a good place now, I really think I may just go for it.
03:59 PM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
i say just do it. you and your ex are done, might as well go for this.
09:54 AM on 08/27/13 
User Info.
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
Seattle
Male
Thought #1: Even if you were expecting the demise of your previous relationship, you say you still didn't want it to end. Give yourself a little time before jumping into anything else, especially if you really like this new girl. You might not be giving this new relationship an honest shot otherwise.

Thought #2: You were tickle-fighting and missed an opportunity. All is not lost, but if you hang out with this girl too much more without making a move, she'll think you're not interested and move on.

I guess what I'd say is purge yourself of the ex as quickly as possible - I think this could be accomplished in a couple of weeks, easy. Return/throw out all of her stuff and remove all pics of the two of you online. After that, cease contact with her - Don't take her calls, don't respond to her texts, and even defriend/block her on Facebook, etc. Go out and have some fun with your buddies, maybe flirt with a girl or two, but don't bang any of them. Have a little fun, but don't go crazy, the new girl may not appreciate that and find it a turnoff. And you don't want to jump into something else immediately after a 9-month relationship, that'll send a different but equally unappealing message, if you ask me.

When you feel totally free of the ex and have had a little fun, then you should go for it.
09:34 PM on 08/27/13 
User Info.
Chalie22
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Your ex is in the past and the future is now. You missed a HUGE opportunity to kiss her after your tickle fight. Like Tony said if you linger around she will think you're not interested.
02:11 PM on 08/28/13 
User Info.
zkezia
zKezia
Canada
Male - 22 Years Old
#YOLO

hehe seriously though pucker up princess.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos