Username
Password

12:58 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
one
is the loneliest number.
Phoenix, AZ
Male - 28 Years Old
I suppose these questions are mostly for the ladies (or gay men) here, but what are your thoughts on the importance of a man's hair?

Compared to the rest of a man's physical attributes, where does the hair fall (no pun intended)?

For that matter, how would you rank what is important physically about a man, head to toe?

How would you say most women (besides yourself) feel about the subject? Would they agree with your feelings on the subject?

What should a man do if he is losing his hair? Shave his head? At what point? Keep it grown out? Until what point?

Who are some examples of bald or balding men you find attractive (if you do indeed find them attractive)? What makes them attractive?

Please be honest. It can't be any more painful than it is now. Answers like "just don't worry about it, dude" are appreciated, but not helpful.

01:06 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
I suppose these questions are mostly for the ladies (or gay men) here, but what are your thoughts on the importance of a man's hair?

* I personally like my guy to have hair. No baldies. Not a fan of buzz cuts. Hair like Freddie Highmore from Bates Motel works.

Compared to the rest of a man's physical attributes, where does the hair fall (no pun intended)?

* It not a big deal to me. It's hair. It grows.

For that matter, how would you rank what is important physically about a man, head to toe?

*I like my guy to be at least reasonable attractive. I like the thin body type, tall, decent teeth, little to no facial hair. I usually go for the "nerdish" looking guys. <3

How would you say most women (besides yourself) feel about the subject? Would they agree with your feelings on the subject?

*I've been told I have strange taste in men. I thin most guys go for the "macho" type of guy... like Jersey Shore.

What should a man do if he is losing his hair? Shave his head? At what point? Keep it grown out? Until what point?

*whatever he wants to do with it. That's his choice.

Who are some examples of bald or balding men you find attractive (if you do indeed find them attractive)? What makes them attractive?

*This I cannot answer right now. I would need time to think.
But there are girls out there that like baldness. My friend is one of them. She also likes beards. We have opposite taste in men.
04:32 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 24 Years Old
It's not that big of a deal, I've dated two guys who had to shave their heads because they were going bald in their very early 20s. It just looked terrible and patchy..so shaving it was a way better option.

While I do have certain hair types I find more attractive, a guy that's balding a little or shaves his head isn't a deal breaker and I think appearance is very important. I will admit even I'm sort of shallow. But this doesn't matter at all to me.
05:30 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old

There's your answer.
06:09 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
NJ
Male - 24 Years Old
very
06:36 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Where does the hair fall?

Out.

Source: my head
07:26 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
ItisNotMe
i think age is important. I think teenage girls want their guys to have emo haircuts. 20-23 want emo, shaggy, long hair. 24+ year old girls stop giving a damn and realize that appearance isn't as important as personality and whatnot.
09:23 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
I'mOnAHorse
Yeezy Season
11:01 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
Houston, Texas
Male - 26 Years Old
If you don't like your hair buy a cool hat, ladies love cool hats.
01:44 PM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
gurby
the kids can't lose
Charlotte, NC
Female - 26 Years Old
hair is the most important. then teeth and shoes.
02:43 PM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
Male pattern baldness is thought to be a sexually selected trait. In the past, women preferred balding men because they appeared older than they actually were, giving off a mature vibe.

Or so I was taught in my human sexuality class 1.5 years ago.
04:18 PM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
one
is the loneliest number.
Phoenix, AZ
Male - 28 Years Old

* I personally like my guy to have hair. No baldies. Not a fan of buzz cuts. Hair like Freddie Highmore from Bates Motel works.

* It not a big deal to me. It's hair. It grows.

*I like my guy to be at least reasonable attractive. I like the thin body type, tall, decent teeth, little to no facial hair. I usually go for the "nerdish" looking guys. <3

*I've been told I have strange taste in men. I thin most guys go for the "macho" type of guy... like Jersey Shore.

*whatever he wants to do with it. That's his choice.

*This I cannot answer right now. I would need time to think.
But there are girls out there that like baldness. My friend is one of them. She also likes beards. We have opposite taste in men.

It's not that big of a deal, I've dated two guys who had to shave their heads because they were going bald in their very early 20s. It just looked terrible and patchy..so shaving it was a way better option.

While I do have certain hair types I find more attractive, a guy that's balding a little or shaves his head isn't a deal breaker and I think appearance is very important. I will admit even I'm sort of shallow. But this doesn't matter at all to me.

hair is the most important. then teeth and shoes.

Alright, so assuming I had a face that you found attractive, would you say I should keep my hair like this or shave it completely? I know, this is like the most vain thread in the history of threads.
04:36 PM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old

Alright, so assuming I had a face that you found attractive, would you say I should keep my hair like this or shave it completely? I know, this is like the most vain thread in the history of threads.

Let me put it this way. I go for personality over looks, although I still have to find the person somewhat attractive. If I love his personality, and I happen to like him, then his hair isn't a big deal. But every girl is different. I would say it shouldn't matter because that's something you cannot control. You are not in charge of your genetics.
08:58 PM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 24 Years Old
It's very hard to tell with all of that blocking off..but that doesn't look bad at all to me. The guys I knew that had to shave their heads in their early 20s had WAY worse hair loss than yours and theirs was all over their heads etc.

Maybe I can't tell cause if the blocking, but your hair looks fine i wouldnt even notice. Is it thinning a lot on top or something?
10:19 PM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
mms13
should i say something sensational?
Baltimore, MD
Male - 26 Years Old
I like the thin body type, tall, decent teeth, little to no facial hair. I usually go for the "nerdish" looking guys. <3
why do girls like you not exist where I live!?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos