AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Rise Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Rise Records
Inside AP.net

A Loss For Words Announce New LP "Before It...

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (08/28/13)
Check out a lyric video for a new A Loss For Words song titled "Distance (feat. Lynn Gunn of PVRIS)" in the replies. Before It Caves will be released on October 8 via Velocity Records/Rise Records. The album is also available for pre-order. You can find the album art and more details on the release (it features guest appearances from members of The Wonder Years and Polar Bear Club) in the replies.

Track Listing
01) Distance
02) Conquest of Mistakes
03) Falling
04) All This Time
05) No Pioneer
06) 20 Block
07) No Merit to Envy
08) Eclipsed
09) The Kids Can't Lose
10) The Torch and The Name
11) Brace Yourself
12) Siesta Key
13) All Roads Lead to Home

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 55
02:55 PM on 08/28/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

AL4W Announce New LPA Loss For Words Reveal Details For New LP, Before It Caves, Out October 8 via Velocity/Rise Records

Album Features Guest Appearances By Members of The Wonder Years, Polar Bear Club and PVRIS

First Single (“Distance”) Featuring Lynn Gunn of PVRIS Now Streaming

The Lost Boys Co-Headline Tour with Handguns Kicks off October 4
w/ Support from Major League, City Lights, The Sheds, Stickup Kid and Light Years

Tickets on Sale Now

Boston rock band A Loss For Words has revealed details for their new LP, Before It Caves, which will be released on October 8th via Velocity/Rise Records. Artwork and tracklisting for the long-awaited follow up to 2011’s, No Sanctuary, can be seen below.

ALFW will be supporting the record on this fall’s The Lost Boys Tour, along with co-headliner Handguns. The trek, presented by New Noise Magazine and Loud & Obnoxious Clothing, will kick off on October 4 in West Chester, PA
and features direct support from New Jersey punks Major League and additional support from City Lights, The Shades, Stickup Kid and Light Years on select dates.

Frontman, Matty Arsenault says, “Hey guys! We're beyond excited to finally announce our new record Before It Caves. We're really proud of this record and think we've written our best stuff yet for you guys. We were lucky to have some good friends join us on some of these tunes so big thanks to the The Wonder Years, Polar Bear Club, and PVRIS. We're also stoked to be getting back on the road in October to play some of the new stuff on The Lost Boys tour with a bunch of our good friends. Preorders are up at merchnow.com so go check that out and support us! Finally, what we're most excited about is that today we can show you the first single off our new record, titled 'Distance' featuring Lynn Gunn from PVRIS. We hope you enjoy it, thank you for the endless support and we look forward to seeing you in October.”

To stream “Distance” and pre-order Before It Caves, head over to MerchNow: http://alossforwords.merchnow.com.

VIP ticketing bundles for the Lost Boys Tour can be purchased now at: http://www.showstubs.com/collections/the-lost-boys-tour.
03:05 PM on 08/28/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
First impression is that there's a noticeable sound quality difference from this song to the songs on No Sanctuary.

I enjoy the song a lot, I think. Prefer Tay's female vocal part on the EP to this one though.
03:06 PM on 08/28/13
wanielledalsh
https://twitter.com/WanielleDalsh
User Info.
I think I like songs less when they're accompanied by lyrics videos.

Also, who is the girl singing at the end?

Edit: answered by the post above hah
03:09 PM on 08/28/13
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
the song DISTANCE" ft. @Lynn_Gunn of @PVRISBandMa
03:12 PM on 08/28/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Thought it was just ok until the girl's part came in. That elevated the song a lot imo. Hope theres some aggressive songs on this record in the vein of No Sanctuary (the song).
03:12 PM on 08/28/13
musicfan9795
Cool...cool...cool...
User Info.
Good song. Really surprised no vinyl on pre-orders?
03:15 PM on 08/28/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
added more information
03:16 PM on 08/28/13
LH9
User Info.
Good song. Really surprised no vinyl on pre-orders?
Came here to say this. I was expecting a vinyl, but I guess that's just one less thing I'll be buying.
03:20 PM on 08/28/13
boomer08
User Info.
im an idiot
03:33 PM on 08/28/13
VeryWittyName
User Info.
I really like it. Also, that PVRIS link is...not right, whatever it is. Here's their real Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PVRISBandMa?fref=ts
03:44 PM on 08/28/13
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
I love this song but I have always had a man crush on Matty, one of my favorite vocalists in the genre.

Excited for this record and the upcoming tour!!
03:47 PM on 08/28/13
gonfreaks
User Info.
Great band, love Matty's vocals and they always put on such a fun live show. New song is pretty good too.
03:54 PM on 08/28/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
This is a really cool track. I dig it a lot. Band rules and is fun live, so I'm stoked to hear this record. Songwriting and production is sounding great.
03:59 PM on 08/28/13
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Did the second guitarist leave the band or something?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests