AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Yellowcard News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Yellowcard
Inside AP.net

AP.net Contest Announcement: Share Your Yellowcard...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (08/29/13)
You may not have noticed this lately, but we're really into Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue Acoustic. Today we're announcing the final part of our big promotion and you better believe we saved the best for last. The band will be heading out on its Ocean Avenue Acoustic tour next week (dates and tickets here) and you may have recognized the "#YCmoment" takeover. We want you to share with us and the band your best #YCmoment at one of the band's upcoming shows. To do so, take your best Instagram or Vine of the band performing your favorite song or even try to catch Sean mid-backflip.

Once you've taken your best #YCmoment at the show, make sure you upload it and use that hashtag, as the AP.net staff will be looking through all the photos and videos attached to #YCmoment and picking our 5-10 favorite moments. We'll be highlighting our favorite moments weekly and that's how you'll be enter into the grand prize drawing. After the tour concludes, we'll take all our favorite moments and the band will chose its favorite. We have some really awesome prizes lined up, with the grand prize being the backdrop used during the tour (autographed by the band, of course). Full details can be found in the replies and if you have any questions, make sure to leave them in the replies. This is gonna be a lot of fun and a great way to Yellowcard fans to interact with each other during the tour.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
09:11 AM on 08/29/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
AP.net & Hopeless Present: Share Your #YCmomentTo enter:
- take a picture or video of a moment at one of the upcoming Yellowcard Acoustic tour dates (dates and tickets here)
- share said moment on Instagram, Twitter, and/or Vine using the hashtag #YCmoment
- every week (most likely on Friday) during the tour run, the AP.net staff will pick and highlight its 5-10 favorite moments from that week of shows to be entered into the contest drawing at the end of the tour cycle
- we will also be retweeting and face booking our favorites from the hash tag #ycmoment
- at the end of the tour, we will compile all the weekly winners into one grand pool and have the band pick their favorite one for the back drop. 3 runners up receive every YC album on vinyl + 2 Yellowcard shirts (the grand prize winner will receive this as well along with the backdrop)

Good luck to everyone!

mock up for the backdrop:
12:02 PM on 08/29/13
skaorsk8
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll be at Irving Plaza for the Monday show and you'd better believe I'll be working on this.
12:13 PM on 08/29/13
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
User Info.
Holy shit, those are some crazy awesome prizes. First concert I'm going to in Boston. Can't wait to win :D
01:29 PM on 08/29/13
quickdrags
User Info.
definitely doing this!
01:54 PM on 08/29/13
X_Only_One_X
Yellowcard Underdog
User Info.
Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosshh the feeellss this is what I live for. I swear I'm going to take 50,000,000 pictures when I see them
01:56 PM on 08/29/13
X_Only_One_X
Yellowcard Underdog
User Info.
hlleeeeppp I'm dying from excitement like you guys have no idea this is just a little bit sad omg
02:46 PM on 08/29/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Well this certainly going to be doing anything to quell the plague of people holding up their cell phones (and fucking iPads) during shows...
03:31 PM on 08/29/13
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
What if we don't have instagram or vine?AKA I don't own a smartphone.
05:13 PM on 08/29/13
ale5875
traduzionedicanzoni.it
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
US only or worldwide?
05:20 PM on 08/29/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Well this certainly going to be doing anything to quell the plague of people holding up their cell phones (and fucking iPads) during shows...
Lol yeah first thing I thought as well.
07:52 PM on 08/29/13
MCSmate
I'm wide awake, it's morning
User Info.
i'd love to do this if i can make it to a show.
i have to say besides getting to one of these shows, yellowcard was the first band i saw in concert so that is a great moment in my history.
edit: i have class the nights they are playing in nyc and i can't miss them. this sucks (well grad school does right now because of this).
12:08 AM on 08/30/13
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
This is a great idea from an awesome band. Funny that when I saw them they said "Put your phones away and be in the moment with us" still, this will be awesome. Hope you guys get some good pics.
12:09 AM on 08/30/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
What if we don't have instagram or vine?AKA I don't own a smartphone.
Twitter and a hash tag works too
06:59 AM on 08/30/13
OneAndrewWest
@OneAndrewWest
User Info.
after i'm done crying in my apt from being so excited that i'm going to both NYC shows i may try to do this teary eyed.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums