AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

A Day To Remember News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

POZ Reports A Day To Remember To Self-Release New LP

Posted by - 04:26 PM on 08/29/13
PropertyOfZack is reporting that A Day To Remember will be self-releasing its upcoming new album, Common Courtesy, on October 8th despite the unresolved nature of its lawsuit against Victory Records. We'll keep you updated.
The band announced the release date for Common Courtesy at 11:30 p.m. EST this past Friday. No record label ó Victory Records or otherwise ó made an official announcement or issued a press release regarding the album following the bandís release date confirmation. With less than six weeks before Common Courtesy comes out, it looks as though A Day To Remember are timing the release of the album with their fall arena tour. Six days following the bandís original announcement, pre-orders or press releases from any label have still yet to be sent out.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 137
04:35 PM on 08/29/13
_><_
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What else is coming on the same date ? Do they have a shot at top 3 ?
04:37 PM on 08/29/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
considering they haven't been speaking in months to each other i'm not that surprised.

- Gunz
04:39 PM on 08/29/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.

If the band sells 60-80K records they'd place from 1-5 depending on what else comes out on that date and depending on if a big album comes out the week before.

Their last album sold over 50K in its first week and the band has grown tremendously since, hence why they're going on an area tour. Sleeping With Sirens sold 60K first week and debuted at 3 - ADTR are a bigger band.

However, the band may not sell as much as they should with no label, no pre orders (yet), no certain (as it would seem) marketing team behind them, etc.

What this album should do and what it will do will most likely be greatly different depending on what happens in the next week and a half.
04:42 PM on 08/29/13
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
User Info.
Panic at the Disco, Korn, Miley Cyrus all come out that week, and Justin Timberlake comes out the week before. I don't think they'll have a problem selling at least 50k but getting in the Top 3 is going to be pretty tough.
04:43 PM on 08/29/13
Mr Tickles
User Info.
They won't even sell 20k. They're done. Washed up. Over.
04:44 PM on 08/29/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.

That is incorrect.
04:45 PM on 08/29/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
I remember finding the lawsuit online via the Chicago court system and breaking the news on my show.

boy did i get some interesting / threatening emails after that one.
04:45 PM on 08/29/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
To add to the releases listed, there's also Mayday Parade and Cassadee Pope that week. Gonna be a very busy/packed week.
04:46 PM on 08/29/13
musicfan9795
Cool...cool...cool...
User Info.
Coming from a guy with three posts. They're big enough to do an arena tour, so I'm guessing 65K.
04:46 PM on 08/29/13
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.

true. they'll debut well. don't know if they'll hold it. depends on the album which we still haven't heard anything really from.

- Gunz
04:48 PM on 08/29/13
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
i'm sure they'll be fine
04:48 PM on 08/29/13
The Meech
User Info.
this is the only band in the scene (discounting obvious mainstream bands like FOB, Blink etc) right now that can beat the 60k mark Sleeping With Sirens set earlier this year. it'll be close for sure.
04:50 PM on 08/29/13
sammyboy516
User Info.
I saw the announcement on here but where did the band actually announce the release date? I didn't see anything directly from them. Also, it's weird that it's been almost a week and there's been no other info at all. Why just announce the release date and that's it? No song, no album art/track listing, no pre-orders...either way, I'm excited to hear it.
04:52 PM on 08/29/13
Mr Tickles
User Info.
Tour ain't selling all that well. Album is a piece of garbage even by their low standards. Booking is freaking their shit right now over this whole thing. They'll owe all the money to Victory anyway (if they don't get sued immediately to begin with and keep the album from coming out).

20k if they're lucky. They'll be the next cautionary tale, like Hawthorne Heights.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos