Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
08:37 AM on 08/30/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
I definitely think the album is great, but I'm not sure I'm completely satisfied with it like I was with Garden Window. Everything about Disillusion is up to par with my expectations, except it bothers me a bit sonically. I enjoy the production/mixing on Garden Window more.

Then again, it took me several listens for Garden Window to really click with me and I'm sure Disillusion will be the same. I do like it. I just need to grow accustomed to it.

Also, I'm not too fond of Come Into The Divide. That might be the weakest song on this album with Path Of Folly being the other one I have in question. More listens will help determine my thoughts, obviously. This is just from my first three or four listens.
11:52 AM on 08/30/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
I listened to it again today and the only song I'm still not sold on quite yet is Come Into The Divide. I think the album is really great and it's going to land in my top 10, or, at least, in my top 20. Still doesn't surpass Garden Window for me, but I didn't expect it to. I think they're both equally strong albums.

Oblivion is definitely the strongest track. I'm big into Context and Disillusion as well.
12:05 PM on 08/30/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
I agree that it is less accessible than Garden Window but therein lies the critical mistake I made on the first few listens through: comparing it to the former. I really had to wipe the slate clean and decipher this beast (a.k.a. Disillusion) in a vacuum.

I absolutely love this album now based on its own merits and appreciate both albums for their own unique qualities. Simply put, if an unknown upstart band released this album with nothing else to compare it to, it would be praised as a monumentally great piece of work.
I agree with this. This isn't Garden Window Pt. 2, which I've come to realize today. It's a beautiful beast on its own.
03:00 PM on 08/30/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
The production here is miles above that on Garden window....

Don't get your dislike of the opener at all either...sets the tone perfectly.
I don't think the opener sets the tone perfectly. In fact, I think it's the only oddball on the album. Not saying it's bad, but I don't like it as an opener. I feel like it just lingers on until Parasitical starts.
03:45 PM on 08/30/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Perhaps I'll come around to it eventually. I came around to Path Of Folly, which I said earlier was one that didn't catch me upon my first few listens.
05:39 PM on 08/30/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Spent a week and a half with this beautiful dark-creature, and must say it's amazing. I was very much looking foreword to this review. It's pretty much what I would give it, and 8.5. Good review Drew B! Also deathco boo I love you, but Come into the Divide is excellent. You'll grow to love it sir I promise!

Holding you to that. I still think it's alright, but I enjoy it more and more with each listen.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests