Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 37.
12:36 PM on 08/30/13
likedyingy0ung
I should have crashed the car
User Info.
Just can't get behind this like I did Garden Window. What really made me love that album; the sprawling thematic builds and conceptual based explosions and refrains- really just concept in general, is completely lacking here from what I can tell.

Love that album art though.
01:23 PM on 08/30/13
veggiecorecords
User Info.
Great review Drew!
02:53 PM on 08/30/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
I definitely think the album is great, but I'm not sure I'm completely satisfied with it like I was with Garden Window. Everything about Disillusion is up to par with my expectations, except it bothers me a bit sonically. I enjoy the production/mixing on Garden Window more.

Then again, it took me several listens for Garden Window to really click with me and I'm sure Disillusion will be the same. I do like it. I just need to grow accustomed to it.

Also, I'm not too fond of Come Into The Divide. That might be the weakest song on this album with Path Of Folly being the other one I have in question. More listens will help determine my thoughts, obviously. This is just from my first three or four listens.
The production here is miles above that on Garden window....

Don't get your dislike of the opener at all either...sets the tone perfectly.
02:54 PM on 08/30/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Great review again drew beringer you're a good person
03:00 PM on 08/30/13
Deathco_019
She calls it a mayon-egg.
User Info.
The production here is miles above that on Garden window....

Don't get your dislike of the opener at all either...sets the tone perfectly.
I don't think the opener sets the tone perfectly. In fact, I think it's the only oddball on the album. Not saying it's bad, but I don't like it as an opener. I feel like it just lingers on until Parasitical starts.
03:34 PM on 08/30/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
I don't think the opener sets the tone perfectly. In fact, I think it's the only oddball on the album. Not saying it's bad, but I don't like it as an opener. I feel like it just lingers on until Parasitical starts.
again,...feel like you are completely wrong
03:39 PM on 08/30/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
fellas, fellas....settle down
03:45 PM on 08/30/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Perhaps I'll come around to it eventually. I came around to Path Of Folly, which I said earlier was one that didn't catch me upon my first few listens.
05:17 PM on 08/30/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
Spent a week and a half with this beautiful dark-creature, and must say it's amazing. I was very much looking foreword to this review. It's pretty much what I would give it, and 8.5. Good review Drew B! Also deathco boo I love you, but Come into the Divide is excellent. You'll grow to love it sir I promise!
05:39 PM on 08/30/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Spent a week and a half with this beautiful dark-creature, and must say it's amazing. I was very much looking foreword to this review. It's pretty much what I would give it, and 8.5. Good review Drew B! Also deathco boo I love you, but Come into the Divide is excellent. You'll grow to love it sir I promise!

Holding you to that. I still think it's alright, but I enjoy it more and more with each listen.
07:12 PM on 08/30/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
"beautiful dark-creature"
07:32 PM on 08/30/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
Lol what?
10:52 PM on 08/30/13
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
This is a great review.
06:23 AM on 08/31/13
Quijiba
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I find this album less accessible than Garden Window was. It's darker, or more progressive or something. I need to spend some time with it, obviously.
feel the same way. Today I actually gave it another listen and i'm finally starting to "get it" so to speak
10:16 AM on 08/31/13
SLADE775
Still the greatest
User Info.
I gave this so many chances... It just doesn't sound appealing to me. It's like a food you just don't like.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS