|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Edelweiss (Interview by Niko Porlier)
1. How did you get your band name?
One of our members was on a hunting trip in the Alps, and after spotting a brown bear in the forest, they shot it square between the eyes. As they approached the dying beast upon the bloodied snow, they noticed its snout was pointing towards a peculiar-looking flower. This flower was an Edelweiss.
2. How did this band get started?
-Niko and Coby are brothers, they started playing covers of their favorite bands. Soon they included their friends in their jams, and thus was born the band.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
-A lot. Bloc Party, Arctic Monkeys, Yourself and The Air.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
-I would like to tour with Pilots in Orbit because they’re our good friends and one of the best bands in the department; it would be a killer time.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
-PB&J triple deckers.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
-Because they might like it and finding new music that you like is a really great thing.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
-Probably Dave Chappelle.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
-Our parents, because without their help and support none of this would’ve happened. They brought us to all the shows, and even though we like to think we could do it alone sometimes, that’s not really the case. Our parents were awesome and we are very grateful for all they’ve done. I’d also thank everybody who’s written on our Facebook page or emailed us with encouraging and inspiring words. They have always meant a lot to us and been the driving force behind our continuing to write and perform.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
-I probably wouldn’t change anything because I don’t really know what goes on it. We write music, record it, share it, and perform it. Anything else that goes around us is just a distraction.
10. Memorable tour experience?
-We met Keith from We Are Scientists at our first show on tour in Manhattan, and that was a really cool way to start off the tour.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
-It’s a great music site which features cool artists, it’s not afraid to be honest, and it’s a great way to stay in shape.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
-My personal favorite is “É Luxo So” composed by Ary Barroso
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
-Asbury Park, NJ! A very cool little town with good memories.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
-‘Nsync reminds me of my Kindergarten days, while Nirvana reminds me of everything after the age of 12.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
-The power to get like 2 hours of sleep and be totally okay with just that. We spend a lot of time just laying there with our eyes closed.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
-Absolutely none unfortunately. It would be cool to have one but we’re just usually worried about getting there on time and getting on stage without forgetting something.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
-We’re all under 20.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
-I started listening to Pandora about 2 months ago, and that is honestly the only experience I’ve had with radio my whole life. I’ve always listened to CDs or my iPod, and I like it that way. I suppose it would be cool to hear our music on a radio station, but I’m not sure how successful it would be. Putting music into a business plan is like going to a funeral for fun.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
-Watch shows, hike, visit friends. Really exciting stuff, haha.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
-The whole band also sings as an A capella group.
More From This Author
Buy the Music