AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

10:11 PM on 09/03/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Anyone ever had a birthday that went pretty wrong or uneventfully?

The 3rd was my 25th. Within the last year most of my group of really closest friends that I would usually celebrate my birthday with have moved out of state/country. My other group of close friends are too busy with work or school to do anything on a weekday.
My plan for my 25th was to go to Downtown Dunedin which has quite a few drinking establishments and just see what happens. Now even on weekdays Downtown is usually a happening place. Dunedin is random like that where you never know when a bunch of people you grew up with are going to be in one bar at the same time even if it is a Tuesday night. Well tonight the only places in Dunedin that had anything going on were Drum Circle night at Dunedin Brewery which is not my thing at all and Drag Queen Bingo at Blur nightclub which is not my thing. So I ended up spending my 25th getting hammered at Dunedin's favorite dive bar Skip's with a waitress in her late 40's, A lobster fisherman in his late 20's and Dunedin local legend Eddy, who were all also there by themselves. I just got drunk, watched a few innings of the Rays-Angels game and then went home.

If I were to sum this birthday up it would be "Bukowski-esque"

The last time I had this much of a sad and disappointing birthday was my 21st which is a whole other story.
11:13 PM on 09/03/13 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
My 20th. Don't want to talk about the details, but basically my parents weren't home, no gift from them. My dad said "sorry, we didn't 'have time' to get you something, so here's $20." What makes that worse is that my parents had time to go fucking christmas shopping and shit, but didn't "have time" for my birthday. I cried all day.
06:14 AM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
08:10 AM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
one year on my 22nd birthday I went out to dinner with my parents and grandparents and girlfriend and I had been drinking a few drinks before the dinner at my grandparents house. anyways this was at a fancy type restaurant my grandma had the people come around the table and sing when i specifically requested not to so i ended up getting mad and storming off then on the way out of the dinner i ended up throwing my leftovers against the side of the restaurant and arguments were had and then when i get home i got in fight with my girlfriend and smashed my hand through a picture frame and then both my mom and gf were downstairs crying together asking themselves whats wrong with me. that was about 5 years ago thankfully I have come to my senses on not being an idiot since then.
09:40 AM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
liarsenal
human equivalent of nachos.
Tucson, AZ
Male - 26 Years Old
My grandma died on my 14th birthday.
No one remembered my 18th birthday.
My car got broken into, was vandalized, and my iPod was stolen on my 21st birthday.
My dog died on my 22nd birthday.

Fuck you, March 14th.

The only good birthday I ever had was my 20th when I saw Explosions in the Sky. They were fantastic. Still the best live performance I've been to.
10:56 AM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
01:34 PM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 24 Years Old
My 22nd birthday was absolutely terrible. Looking at my 23rd here in about 2 weeks and I think it may be equally as awful. I'm just gonna live it like any other normal Monday. Birthdays suck. Always suck.
01:47 PM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
My 20th. Don't want to talk about the details, but basically my parents weren't home, no gift from them. My dad said "sorry, we didn't 'have time' to get you something, so here's $20." What makes that worse is that my parents had time to go fucking christmas shopping and shit, but didn't "have time" for my birthday. I cried all day.

My grandma died on my 14th birthday.
No one remembered my 18th birthday.
My car got broken into, was vandalized, and my iPod was stolen on my 21st birthday.
My dog died on my 22nd birthday.

Fuck you, March 14th.

The only good birthday I ever had was my 20th when I saw Explosions in the Sky. They were fantastic. Still the best live performance I've been to.

03:40 PM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
I've never really had a birthday party since I was a kid. Sat around on my 21st, study for finals in summer classes my 22nd. A couple years back I was staying at my dad's for the summer and my mom brought me a little store bought cake which was nice. She said she'd bake me a real one before the summer was over but never did. I haven't had like a cake baked for me with the candles and my name and stuff since I was a little kid. Guess since my parents never really care about birthdays or make a big deal about them and I don't have any friends that care that much my birthdays have kind of just been days and that was hard to get used to for a while.

Oh yeah my 20th I was at Bonnaroo and I saw Big Boi by myself when it became my birthday at midnight, that was awesome, great show. But then during my actual birthday day I got sick watching Portugal. the Man and had like the most mucus in my nose for my life. Missed the black keys and Eminem that night just like completely shut down and draining snot out of my nose in the tent. That was terrible. And I was pretty much fine the next day which was weird *-_-

Saw Kareem and Zach Braff talk that day tho, that was p cool
04:43 PM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Off topic but Bad Birthdays would be a good band name/album title.
06:21 PM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
Long Island, NY
Female - 24 Years Old
My 23rd is on the 13th and I will probably end up doing absolutely nothing.
07:37 PM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
PHI Flyers10
Registered Member
University Park, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
My 22nd birthday was absolutely terrible. Looking at my 23rd here in about 2 weeks and I think it may be equally as awful. I'm just gonna live it like any other normal Monday. Birthdays suck. Always suck.
Why was 22 so bad? :(
08:07 PM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
i don't like to celebrate my birthday
09:27 PM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
upthepunx
San Diego, CA
Male - 25 Years Old

turning 23 in about two weeks? do we have the same birthday lol? I'm 9/15/89
09:32 PM on 09/04/13 
User Info.
upthepunx
San Diego, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
I am completely over birthdays. I can't drink anymore (My alcoholism forced me to quit, or face an early death). I've celebrated every birthday from 15 to 21 with boozin' for hours. Now that I haven't been able to drink more than 2 beers in a month, it's almost like "whats the point?". Just another day to me, this year though I'll be at Riot Fest - not specifically for my birthday though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos