Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Behind The Bits #4 - Jimmy Pardo

Posted by: Cody Nelson (09/04/13)
So I know it's Thursday, but a couple things got swapped around last second, and so there was a bit of a delay and change on my latest installment of Behind the Bits; things will be back to normal next Wednesday with my guest Andy Kindler. For now, though, head on over to my blog to listen to my half-hour chat with the always-hilarious podcast master Jimmy Pardo. Slight disclaimer: while the audio is far better than it was on my previous chat with Neil Campbell, there's still some kinks being worked out.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
03:07 PM on 09/05/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I know it's like... a huge pill to do, but I am way more likely to read these than listen to them.
03:20 PM on 09/05/13
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
I know it's like... a huge pill to do, but I am way more likely to read these than listen to them.
Not to be a jerk, but this column might not be for you then. Yeah, it's a huge undertaking to transcribe them, but that's not the only issue I have with doing it that way. I've always wanted to do an audio segment like this, not to mention that these guys are all comedians; I believe that inflection and cadence plays into enjoying these fully.

So...sorry, haha.
03:22 PM on 09/05/13
irthesteve
User Info.
Not to be a jerk, but this column might not be for you then. Yeah, it's a huge undertaking to transcribe them, but that's not the only issue I have with doing it that way. I've always wanted to do an audio segment like this, not to mention that these guys are all comedians; I believe that inflection and cadence plays into enjoying these fully.

So...sorry, haha.
No, I totally get it, I do. I just have never ever ever listened to podcasts, I just can't find the time to do it sadly. When I'm at work, I can't hear them and when I'm off work I'm either doin whatever shit I do or catching up on tv/albums. It's totally just a personal thing, but being able to read them allows me to do that anytime/anywhere and in segments throughout the day or whatever.

Get Jason to hire a transcriber? K thx
03:24 PM on 09/05/13
Cody Nelson
User Info.
No, I totally get it, I do. I just have never ever ever listened to podcasts, I just can't find the time to do it sadly. When I'm at work, I can't hear them and when I'm off work I'm either doin whatever shit I do or catching up on tv/albums. It's totally just a personal thing, but being able to read them allows me to do that anytime/anywhere and in segments throughout the day or whatever.

Get Jason to hire a transcriber? K thx
If I had the time, I wanted to transcribe portions of it, just to give people a taste, and then put the full audio on my blog. Might still look into that in the future. Regardless, you're still commenting on here, which I do appreciate. I was getting a little disappointed at how barren it was in here until you showed up, haha.
03:36 PM on 09/05/13
irthesteve
User Info.
If I had the time, I wanted to transcribe portions of it, just to give people a taste, and then put the full audio on my blog. Might still look into that in the future. Regardless, you're still commenting on here, which I do appreciate. I was getting a little disappointed at how barren it was in here until you showed up, haha.
I like Comedy and love that this is a feature on the site, also your guests are excellent. Pardo is great, seen him do his Conan warm up a few times and he is hilarious. I might specifically try to find time to listen to this just because I like ya
03:38 PM on 09/05/13
Cody Nelson
User Info.
I like Comedy and love that this is a feature on the site, also your guests are excellent. Pardo is great, seen him do his Conan warm up a few times and he is hilarious. I might specifically try to find time to listen to this just because I like ya
Well, thanks, buddy, I appreciate it. I think it's quick enough that you can find the time to fit it in your schedule.
07:16 PM on 09/05/13
The_Effort
User Info.
Really enjoying these so far. Surprised they aren't getting more comments. Keep it up, man.

Did I see in the standup thread you mention you had one lined up with mulaney?
08:14 PM on 09/05/13
Cody Nelson
User Info.
Really enjoying these so far. Surprised they aren't getting more comments. Keep it up, man.

Did I see in the standup thread you mention you had one lined up with mulaney?
He will be a future guest, yeah, but his schedule has pushed it quite a ways down the road, unfortunately. Got a bunch of other great guests lined up for the nearer future, however, so fear not!

Thank you for listening, I really appreciate the comment.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests