Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Friday Discussion: Top 5 Fall Tours

Posted by: Jake Denning (09/06/13)
If you're a music fan, then you love the fall - great weather and a plethora of great tour packages to check out. Head to the replies to check out my Top 5 upcoming fall tours. What tours are you excited about? Let us know.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 51
12:04 PM on 09/06/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
A Day To Remember "House Party Tour" w/ All Time Low, Pierce The Veil, and The Wonder YearsWhat happens when you take four headliners and put them in the same room? Pure insanity. The Wonder Years are opening this tour, but make no mistake that the rest of the bands on this tour are going to have to keep up with their seemingly endless supply of energy, which is no easy task. Pierce The Veil's frantically paced live show will be a good transition from The Wonder Years, and All Time Low's on-stage shenanigans will warm the crowd up to whatever antics A Day To Remember have up their sleeves. Speaking of A Day To Remember, they have an absolutely massive show that any fan would be foolish to pass on - huge light show, objects flying at all angles, and a 90 minute set time. This is without a doubt one of the best tours of the fall, and will have fans satisfied until each band comes back the next time. TOUR DATES

Anberlin & The Maine w/ Lydia + From Indian Lakes- Anberlin's live performance is really something to take in, they really know how to deliver an experience to their fans. With the release of Devotion: Vital Special Edition, who knows what else fans might experience at this tour. Personally, The Maine and Lydia aren't my cup of tea, but From Indian Lakes gives me more than enough reasons to get there early and enjoy myself. TOUR DATES

The Chariot Farewell Tour w/ Glass Cloud, Birds In Row, To The Wind, Rebuker- What happens when a band known for it's chaotic performances decides to call it a day? Well, they wind up for one last go and go for broke, which is really the only reason you need to clear your schedule for this tour. If you're a fan of heavy music, this is one of your places to be this fall. And if for some reason you don't enjoy The Chariot, you're still in for a huge treat - Glass Cloud and To The Wind are both excellent reasons to come out and enjoy yourself. Glass Cloud features two Berkley School of Music graduates, and To The Wind is a Pure Noise Records band that's quickly picking up steam, a NW favorite for the last few years. Rebuker is an in your face Christian band from The Chariot's hometown of Douglasville, GA, and is in a lot of ways similar to them, most notably in performance. Birds In Row are bound to get new fans from this tour as well. TOUR DATES

The Story So Far w/ Stick To Your Guns, Such Gold, Rotting Out, Souvenirs (11/01-11/21), and Heart To Heart (11/22-12/13)- After putting out a 7' together, it only made sense for The Story So Far and Stick To Your Guns to tour together once again, except this time around, it's The Story So Far headlining. Both TSSF and STYG experienced a large influx of new fans from their inclusion on the 2013 Vans Warped Tour, and this tour will hope to bring all those fans out for another round of fun. Such Gold and Rotting Out are good additions to make this quite the wild tour package. TOUR DATES

Switchfoot "Fading West" U.S. Headliner- Switchfoot is doing something really cool for their upcoming headliner - they're playing alone. The band will premiere their brand new film Fading West to fans in it's entirety before the band steps on stage to rock out. This is a really awesome idea, and a real treat for any fan of the band. This film has been in the works for quite some time, so I'm really excited to finally see it completed. TOUR DATES
12:10 PM on 09/06/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Top 5 for me:
"House Party" - ADTR, PTV, ATL, TWY
You Me At Six w/ CIWWAF, Conditions, and Dinosar Pileup
Anberlin w/ The Maine, Lydia, FIL
"Fading West" - Switchfoot
"Glamour Kills" - Mayday Parade, MO, Cartel, S&S
12:14 PM on 09/06/13
gonfreaks
User Info.
My most anticipated shows of the fall:

Phish
Yeezus
Saves the Day/IIOI
Flaming Lips/Tame Impala
Dismemberment Plan
12:16 PM on 09/06/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
My most anticipated shows of the fall:

Phish
Yeezus
Saves the Day/IIOI
Flaming Lips/Tame Impala
Dismemberment Plan
That Kanye tour is going to be SO AWESOME. I would go see IIOI tonight, but I have to work in a few minutes.
12:19 PM on 09/06/13
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
65dos, Caspian, TWIABP....
12:20 PM on 09/06/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
My most anticipated tour is probably Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Testament and Huntress
12:23 PM on 09/06/13
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
This fall is the best time of year for tours. Seriously, I can't keep up with all of these damn shows. Between now and November, there are 12 shows in my area that I'm attending, and nearly that much that I can't due to finances and scheduling. Such a good time to be a music fan.
12:48 PM on 09/06/13
Solidus187
This is a war, sober up.
User Info.
August Burns Red bringing Beartooth across the country is going to be awesome, looking forward to that.
12:56 PM on 09/06/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
1. Alkaline Trio/NFG/H2O
2. Polar Bear Club/Citizen/Diamond Youth/Sainthood Reps
3. Title Fight/Balance & Composure/Cruel Hand
4. AFI/Touche Amore
5. The Swellers
01:08 PM on 09/06/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
1. Alkaline Trio/NFG/H2O
2. Polar Bear Club/Citizen/Diamond Youth/Sainthood Reps
3. Title Fight/Balance & Composure/Cruel Hand
4. AFI/Touche Amore
5. The Swellers
I'll likely be at that PBC gig, that's gonna be great as well.
01:10 PM on 09/06/13
1993mic
User Info.
Well there's only two shows I'm seeing this fall for the moment: Billy Talent 1 ten year anniversary with Anti-Flag in Quebec City and Scream it Like You Mean it (SotY, Silverstein, Hawthorne Heights, etc.) in Montreal which I am very excited about!
01:13 PM on 09/06/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
Well there's only two shows I'm seeing this fall for the moment: Billy Talent 1 ten year anniversary with Anti-Flag in Quebec City and Scream it Like You Mean it (SotY, Silverstein, Hawthorne Heights, etc.) in Montreal which I am very excited about!
You're such a lucky person for getting Scream It Like You Mean It - I considered adding it to this list even though it doesn't come anywhere near me, but I opted not to.
01:14 PM on 09/06/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
finch
senses fail
and story so far for me. not a bad fall/winter line up
01:25 PM on 09/06/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
Kanye/K Dot
Lamb of God/Killswitch Engage/Testament/Huntress
Title Fight/Balance and Composure
Joey Bada$$/Ab-Soul
and...

this isn't really a tour, more a culmination of tours, but it's all happening at one show for me...
http://www.southbysowhat.com/?page_id=237
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums