AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29.
05:49 PM on 09/09/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Bastard. Can't even imagine how emotional "Cigarette Lighter Love Song" was at that show.
Probably the most memorable moment of the show. It was something special and I'm glad I didn't miss out on it.
05:51 PM on 09/09/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I think you have Monday and Queen swapped, unless we have different versions of the CD

My bad, I typed it wrong. Point still stands.

Probably the most memorable moment of the show. It was something special and I'm glad I didn't miss out on it.

I'm just glad he's still playing CLLS regularly, but shit, I would kill to have seen an actual Marvelous 3 show.
05:52 PM on 09/09/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.

Point is solid either way
06:00 PM on 09/09/13
anamericangod
User Info.

I'm just glad he's still playing CLLS regularly, but shit, I would kill to have seen an actual Marvelous 3 show.
I was at the ReadySexGo! release show as well, which was held at a random Best Buy outside of Atlanta.
06:06 PM on 09/09/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I was at the ReadySexGo! release show as well, which was held at a random Best Buy outside of Atlanta.
I think I have recordings of that show from some random Marvelous 3 fansite that may or may not still be on the internet.
04:47 AM on 09/10/13
leifstar
l.i.a.r.
User Info.

Same, I was going to go to one when I was younger with my brother, but it was 18+ so I had to stay home. =(
07:51 AM on 09/10/13
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
If not for this album, I never would have gotten into Butch. Like, at all.

"#27" and "Ms. Jackson" are one of my favorite one-two punches on any record. I love the way Butch sings on them both.
10:41 AM on 09/10/13
Skinkie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So which version of this album does everyone prefer, I swing back and forth depending on mood, sometimes the less polished version seems perfect, but other times that pop sheen pushes it to a completely different level. Oh indecisiveness, you fickle monster
11:18 AM on 09/10/13
anamericangod
User Info.
So which version of this album does everyone prefer, I swing back and forth depending on mood, sometimes the less polished version seems perfect, but other times that pop sheen pushes it to a completely different level. Oh indecisiveness, you fickle monster
The major label version, for sure. The indie release is cool, but the flow and the production of the major release make it nearly perfect.
03:05 PM on 09/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Same, I was going to go to one when I was younger with my brother, but it was 18+ so I had to stay home. =(

Hey, at least you knew who they were when they were the Marvelous 3.

If not for this album, I never would have gotten into Butch. Like, at all.

"#27" and "Ms. Jackson" are one of my favorite one-two punches on any record. I love the way Butch sings on them both.

Butch, as a vocalist, gets so much better on this album compared to how he sounded on Math.

I think the major label version is definitely better, so chock that up as one of the few things Elektra did right. Also, "Cold As Hell" fits better on Readysexgo! that it would have here, and I'm okay with "Fastboat" being a b-side. However, there's no way "I Just Wanna Go Home" should have been cut. I love the hell out of that song.

The major label version, for sure. The indie release is cool, but the flow and the production of the major release make it nearly perfect.

What's your favorite b-side from the Marvelous 3 era? Or favorite Butch b-side period, for that matter?
07:35 PM on 09/10/13
Skinkie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

What's your favorite b-side from the Marvelous 3 era? Or favorite Butch b-side period, for that matter?

Hmmmm, Marvelous 3 b-side I'd say probably Scars, or I Want You from the Advance version of ReadySexGo, I just want to go home is pretty great too.

For Butch stuff

While not techinically "b-sides" necessarily, but non main album tracks I'm a big fan of

Teenage Lust (especially since the demo of that one never did much for me, so the final being soooo good was a welcome surprise)
Last Flight Out
In Bloom cover is pretty great
and All Falls Apart

This is off the top of my head though, so I'm sure I'm missing some
09:39 AM on 09/12/13
MeltingPlastic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Honestly, this is one of my all time favorite albums. I remember hearing Freak on the radio and just being like wow, its more polished than the punk I'm listening to and still had a good sound. I picked up the album quickly after and listed a few times but didn't fall in love (I was in 8th? grade), Fast forward to high school, specifically Sr year, i popped it in the cd player in my truck and was blown away. I realized how amazing of an album it is. So much so that the drummer in the band I was in snagged the CD when we got back to his place and confiscated it so I had to buy a new one. Still to this day, over 10 years ago, I listen to this album front to back on almost any long drive I take alone!
07:44 PM on 09/12/13
SiCtHuG
Butch Walker = God
User Info.

There's so many good ones in the M3 era, but i'd say:

Betty Said
I Want You
Lefty
Scars
So Much To Ask
XMas Song
08:27 AM on 09/16/13
ItisNotMe
User Info.
Freak of The Week was a great song...as were many other rock songs in those days
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS