Username
Password
Moving Mountains News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Moving Mountains
Inside AP.net

Stream Moving Mountains Record In Its Entirety

Posted by: Jack Appleby (09/09/13)
Stream Moving Mountains new self-titled album on their webstore, and read our review of the record here. Thoughts?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
12:42 PM on 09/09/13
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm really liking this so far, definitely going to be a great listen when it gets colder outside. Has anyone who ordered from Shop Radio Cast have their order ship yet?
12:44 PM on 09/09/13
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
These guys, Grouplove & Balance and Composure all steaming today.

AMAZING
12:48 PM on 09/09/13
Andy43110
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good Lord, I love this album and, more importantly, band. But $5 just to ship one CD? It's tough to justify. Thanks, Hello Merch.
12:54 PM on 09/09/13
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Love this album.
01:11 PM on 09/09/13
Me & My Arrow
User Info.
Really like the guitar tones and production on the album, which I think are both substantially improved from their past recordings. That being said, after one listen, only a handful of moments stood out and the songs seemed sort of anonymous. I'm sure that'll improve with time, though.
01:20 PM on 09/09/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Liking this more than I did on first listen but it's still a fair bit weaker than Waves and Pneuma for me.
01:27 PM on 09/09/13
syntax omitted
User Info.
This is good but nowhere near the complexity of Pneuma. Totally lacking the energy of Waves too.

It's good, but not as good as it should be when considering what they're capable of.
01:28 PM on 09/09/13
...atfirstsight
User Info.
This blows Waves out of the water.

Seriously though, maybe I'm just softening up in my older age, but this is just what I wanted from these guys. Definitely a heavyweight AOTY contender for me (along with Have Mercy and Owel).
01:29 PM on 09/09/13
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
Love this album so much, easily top 5 record this year.
01:51 PM on 09/09/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really like the guitar tones and production on the album, which I think are both substantially improved from their past recordings. That being said, after one listen, only a handful of moments stood out and the songs seemed sort of anonymous. I'm sure that'll improve with time, though.
Well said. I think the same points you're making are actually what make me enjoy the record so much - I listen to it on almost a daily basis, because it's such easy listening.
02:08 PM on 09/09/13
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
What a perfect day for a monsoon, Moving Mountains and sitting at our secondary office doing nothing.
02:26 PM on 09/09/13
BozzBlonde
adieuxmusic.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Tracks 3-7 are wonderful. Such a chilly, autumn sound.

I think this album already tops Waves for me, and I'll have to revisit Pneuma to see where they stand in comparison.
02:58 PM on 09/09/13
Me & My Arrow
User Info.
Well said. I think the same points you're making are actually what make me enjoy the record so much - I listen to it on almost a daily basis, because it's such easy listening.
Yeah, I got an almost late-90s alternative rock vibe from a lot of the guitar parts, and it's so nice to be able to hear everything, unlike the aural mushiness of Waves. Hopefully the songs grow on me, but so far nothing's truly clicked.
04:37 PM on 09/09/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
I love it. Definitely better than Waves, but I don't think it surpasses Pneuma for me yet. I'd say it's on par with Foreword for me.

Time will tell. I truly do love this album. Absolutely beautiful piece of art.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums