Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
08:08 AM on 09/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
"Grant Park" still remains a favorite, but there's no getting past how goddamn amazing "Cigarette Lighter Love Song" is. Memories.
The first three tracks, "Radio Tokyo" and "Cigarette Lighter Love Song" are definitely my favorites on this. There's some stuff I don't dig as much ("Supernatural Blonde" is one of my least favorite Butch Walker songs, period), but the strength of the best songs on here elevate it above Hey! Album for me.
03:01 PM on 09/10/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
"Get Over" was the first Butch or Marv3 song I ever heard, rocked that thing on my 13-song mp3 player back in the day as I biked to school and back. It was that track that led me to the rest of the album on Napster, etc etc etc. This is truly a great album, full of some amazing pop/rock/whatever tracks

Haha, that's awesome.

You might know the answer to this, but my CD of this album contains "Album Credits" and "I'm Losing You (Reprise)" at the end. Are these bonus tracks like... international or special edition or anything?

Yeah, I've got the album credits tacked on the end as well. I think that's just the regular version. I bought mine used off Amazon for about three bucks 8 or 9 years ago, so I'm not really sure where it came from though.

"In a world where rock music is slowly going the way of the caribou..."
02:32 PM on 09/11/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Yeah, that's the regular version of the album. Kinda a cute way to try to acknowledge the people involved (and some who weren't)
Yeah, I don't listen to it much, but I always laugh when it comes on.
04:57 PM on 09/11/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
The song is called Lefty and is available as a bside without the credits over it. Cool track.
Yeah, I've got "Lefty." One of my favorite b-sides.
06:48 AM on 09/17/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
One of my all time favorite albums. Never thought I'd read a review on here for it. Well done.
Thanks for reading man.
07:55 AM on 09/21/13
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I love this album to death! Most albums become dated but I think this one has stood the test of time, it still sounds as huge and triumphant as ever. Sadly it will forever be neglected by the masses as it doesn't even appear on itunes/Spotify since he had no hits or is just possibly out of print? either way, it will remain a long lost classic.
This record proved not only the talents of Butch but how amazingly tight M3 had become as a band.
It's definitely out of print. All of the M3 albums are. Elektra came back, but it's hardly the same label anymore, and I'm pretty sure they don't care at all about a band they screwed over a decade ago. Any fans who are looking to delve into the M3 stuff shouldn't feel at all bad about downloading it. That's the best way to find it.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS