Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

Empire Empire We Have A Delayed Album

Posted by: Blake Solomon (09/11/13)
Empire Empire (I Was a Lonely Estate) won't be releasing their upcoming full length until 2014. Check out a note from the band in the replies.

Submitted by Geology Rocks!

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
08:27 AM on 09/11/13
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
from the dudesBummer news time: Our album will not be released until 2014. Sorry! We are wrapping everything up and really close to being done, but I am a very slow worker when it comes to big projects. But I promise you it is because we care so much about this and want everything to be perfect. I can say that, without a doubt, this is our most solid work and there are also some very, very cool other projects that will be released in conjunction with our album, but I can't tell you what they are now.

As for the rest of 2013, it will be still be littered with splits (which has become a terribly unhealthy habit, haha). We will be posting the pre-order for the malegoat split soon and steaming it somewhere for you all to hear. Some of you may also remember a split that we announced a long time ago on time as a color records out in Germany. That is now in and should begin to ship soonish. You can order the individual split or the entire subscription at their site, but we will also be getting a good chunk of them and will be posting them for sale at Count Your Lucky Stars Records.

We also have the Joie De Vivre split on Run For Cover Records subscription series out this year too. We are getting that one just under the wire, I hope!

Finally, there are two special splits that we also can't announce yet with two new songs as well (one per split), so at least there is still a healthy amount of songs left for this year. 7 new ones to tide you over until early next year.

Thanks for being super patient and sorry we are super slow. Can't wait to see you on the road with Dowsing and at THE FEST this October!
09:17 AM on 09/11/13
mycuban
hermits.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I've been waiting for a follow up to WITTMF for so long so I'm a little bummed about this delay, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
09:53 AM on 09/11/13
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
I've been waiting for a follow up to WITTMF for so long so I'm a little bummed about this delay, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Agreed. While I love their EPs and splits, I feel full lengths suit them better.
10:47 AM on 09/11/13
mycuban
hermits.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Agreed. While I love their EPs and splits, I feel full lengths suit them better.
I couldn't agree more. I always listen to their full length and rarely listen to the ep's and splits, not they're bad or anything, in fact quite the opposite; I just always want more songs when those finish.
11:01 AM on 09/11/13
thisisntworking
Run for Cover Records
User Info.
best band
11:55 AM on 09/11/13
CarlFarbman
last.fm/user/CarlFarbman
User Info.
I'm ok with things taking more time if that means we get a better quality release.
01:38 PM on 09/11/13
maxvsmaradona
thesecondside.bandcamp.co m
User Info.
Sadness achieved.
04:32 PM on 09/11/13
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
Enough with the fucking splits already
04:37 PM on 09/11/13
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
Just a reminder to anyone who gets mad about this: Keith and Cathy also run an entire record label with very minimal help, and Cathy works a full time job. That means band things take longer. But I can promise you that the album will absolutely be worth it. Please be patient! It will mean the world to them. :)
09:24 AM on 09/12/13
frenchatticus
"Capitalism is killing music."
User Info.
No one should be bummed about this at all. My example is, do we really need a new Call of Duty game and Assassin's Creed every year?
09:27 AM on 09/12/13
frenchatticus
User Info.
Does Home After Three Months Away count as an EP? I figure Year of The Rabbit is more a single, but what about On Time Spent Waiting...?
11:22 AM on 09/12/13
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
Does Home After Three Months Away count as an EP? I figure Year of The Rabbit is more a single, but what about On Time Spent Waiting...?
They're all either splits or EPs. A single is just one song.
12:41 PM on 09/12/13
frenchatticus
User Info.
They're all either splits or EPs. A single is just one song.
But you don't consider those pivotal releases in their discography, despite being EPs?

And I think it is safe to say a single can be two songs, though that may not be the case here. Because a single can have a b-side.

edit: I don't think I really noticed that you still mention you love the releases, so I guess I kind of missed your point at first.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests