AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

Chris Copsey - 09.04.13

Interviewed by: Zac Djamoos (09/11/13)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Chris Copsey
chriscopsey.bandcamp.com
twitter: @chris_copsey

1. How did you get your band name?
My parents named me, so I guess that's how I got it. It's also relatively easy to spell, so I figure that it works in my favor.

2. How did this band get started?
I have been writing music for a few years now, but put it away while I attempted to live a 'real life' and get a 'real job'. One thing led to another, and after being fired from my job I decided to put forth my energy into recording some music. Fast forward 3 months, and here we (I) are (am).

3. What bands are you influenced by?
(In no order) The Smashing Pumpkins, Manic Street Preachers, Blink 182, Depeche Mode, Hank Williams.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I'd want to tour on one of the old Sun Records-type tours of the 50's with Johnny Cash, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins. Those boys knew how to party. Plus, they'd be interested in my fancy 21st century technology.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
Until they canceled it, the Spicy Chicken McBites by McDonalds. Also, Denny's- eating a Grand Slam in Wyoming while having a conversation with a trucker is a unique situation.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Given the current problems in society, it doesn't really seem like too many bands or artists are writing music that properly describes life. If life imitates art, then art should imitate life, and my music showcases all aspects of life, which is about more than just dancing (I'm looking at you, pop-music stations).

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Roger Federer, because he's probably the most dominant Tennis player ever, so it would be good to win that many trophies.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would announce my retirement from music, because it would be all downhill from there.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Just like with politics, if we take the money out of it, we get a better product. The 'industry' is in the throws of reversing the power structure that has dominated it for the last fifty years- namely, record labels offer limited choices to the consumer being replaced by the consumer being able to get whatever music they want from wherever. If record companies invest their limited resources in music that will resonate five or ten years down the line, then it will find itself in a much better place, rather than trying to cash in on the 'it' thing every fifteen minutes. That might be tow things to chance, rather than one, but oh well, arithmetic was never my strong suit.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Flat tires and cold weather do not mix, especially at night time.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I first came to AP.net around the turn of the century looking for Blink 182 guitar tabs. Since then, the site has exposed me to lots of great great music, while also giving small bands and artists (like myself) the opportunity to gain valuable exposure. So kudos AP.net, you've done well.
/suckup

12. What is your favorite song to play?
The song "Time" by Sarah McLaughlin. Everything's beautiful about that song, plus, the capo on the third fret is comfy to play on.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
The desert of Nevada or New Mexico.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Christmas music always makes me thinks about the anticipation of waiting for Santa to deliver goodies as a child. It's either that or really bad late 80's/early 90's pop music, because that's what was all on the radio growing up.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Telekinesis, because my Tactilekinesis just isn't cutting it anymore.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Must wear my scarf- it's like a security blanket.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I've been to grad school and authored a dissertation on a comparison study between environmental policies of the European Union and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization and how those policies showcase the differences of political goals of the member nations of the respective super-national organizations. I've also been working in professional politics for the last 5 years, specializing in legislation.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I dunno if I could flourish on pop radio, since it's going through a 'modern disco' type of movement right now. You know, every song just being a dance/europop type song. I think we'll look back at this period in music with the same derision that we do with disco, at least I hope so for the good of humanity.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch the news, read books, and investigate the truth about flying saucers.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can read a thousand page law like nobody's bizness.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4.
05:05 AM on 10/15/13
INgbEdTQcW
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
<a href=http://groch.com/serv/#54308>buy tramadol</a> tramadol 50 mg tablets for dogs - tramadol xanax alcohol
07:52 AM on 10/15/13
cgYhUoUiOC
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
order tramadol online buy tramadol online pharmacy - tramadol withdrawal no energy
01:54 PM on 10/15/13
aqEOKlOLSE
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
<a href=http://groch.com/serv/#10508>Learn More Here</a> high dosage of tramadol - tramadol 50mg max dosage
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS