AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Contest: Rise Against Vinyl + Signed CD

Posted by - 10:27 AM on 09/12/13
In honor of Rise Against's Long Forgotten Songs: B-Sides & Covers 2000-2013 release, we've teamed with the band to give away a signed CD and vinyl copy of the album. No 'Fastest Finger' or 'RT To Win' this time around - we want to hear why you deserve to win the set. Give us your best answer in the replies - we'll pick a winner tomorrow.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 49
10:28 AM on 09/12/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
10:35 AM on 09/12/13
ARo2431
User Info.
How about fastest fingers contest??? Dammit.

Edit: oops should of read the entire post haha.
10:36 AM on 09/12/13
pbueddi
User Info.
Because i still appreciate the value of having something on cd from bands i like.
10:41 AM on 09/12/13
wang_chung_li
sodomcasianface
User Info.
Because nothing sounds better than vinyl. And my dedication to the band started from their local Chicago days. Would love to add this piece to my vinyl collection.
10:41 AM on 09/12/13
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I just want it.
10:49 AM on 09/12/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I don't deserve to win anymore than anyone else, so you won't hear me beg for this. If I am fortunate enough to recieve the prize I'll happily take the CD and want absolutepunk give the Vinyl to someone else so there can be two winners. :)
10:52 AM on 09/12/13
Crackbaby
Stupid inflatable pants!
User Info.
I deserve to win the set. I don't know why, I just knooooow!
10:54 AM on 09/12/13
SammyM006
User Info.
My oldest brother took me to my first Warped Tour when I was 12 in 2002, and Rise Against was the only band I was unfamiliar with that he was adamant we see. They played a small stage and killed the set, I picked up "Revolutions Per Minute" at their merch tent, and have been a fan ever since. Thanks for considering!
10:54 AM on 09/12/13
HEREweG0again
Hi
User Info.
I would absolutely love to win this. Rise Against is the kind of band that influences individuals to make a change, stand their ground and even inspire us everyday average people. I'm a big advocate for helping individuals anyway possible and for a band to feel as strongly as I do about it is good in my book. I received my Bachelor's in Criminal Justice this past May and I just began my first semester at another University in their Nursing program, which will take about another 3 years. When I graduate, I will be a licensed RN in NY where I will (hopefully!) be a Forensic Nurse where I will be helping/working with individuals who've suffered physical and or sexual abuse. In a nutshell, pick me so I can jam out to Rise Against while studying!
10:55 AM on 09/12/13
jaydenshea
User Info.
I have every album by them, it would be awesome to add this to my collection seeing as I was going to buy it anyway. Plus, having something signed by your favourite band always adds a personal touch to the package.
10:58 AM on 09/12/13
StayGold1983
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've followed Rise Against since their inception. From the days of Arma Angelus, 88 Fingers Louie, etc all projects prior to Rise Against were amazing, and they are continuing the trend of being one of the most important Melodic Punk/HxC bands today. From their beginnings with The Unraveling and it's signature HxC punk sound, to Endgame with it's more rock driven melodic punk stylings and every release in the interim, the have progressively gotten BETTER! This coming from a 30 year old single father of a 9 yr old daughter who also loves RA!

I grew up loving bands like Gorilla Biscuits, Chain of Strength, Youth of Today, Minor Threat, and Bad Brains to name a few, and the progression from HxC to such seminal punk bands like Strung Out, NUFAN, Propagandhi, Hot Water Music, and of course RA has been an integral part of my young adult life and RA will continue to be as I grow as a father.

It's crushing and haunting lyrics wise, yet hope filled and poignant, much like any Shai Hulud album, but equally as important, the lyrics actually have meaning and feeling to Tim and the like, and his message resonates.

There will always be doubters and naysayers with the progression of a band throughout the years, but props to RA for always keeping the music true to their hearts and stance on topics such as loss, war, government, etc...it's true to form and it means more to me than words can express.

If I win the prize, great, if not, that's fine too, but I just wanted to convey this thought process by my lone post so far on AP.net!
11:00 AM on 09/12/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
Well let's see why I deserve it. I've been a fan of them for awhile and I've seen them around 5 times live. They put on an amazing show and really give it all (no pun intended) every show. I'm not going to say they're my favorite band but I'd say top 5. The Sufferer and The Witness is in my top 10 albums of all time. Cool personal moment for me was during their 2007 show at Starland Ballroom, I crowdsurfed for the first time ever during their song Under the Knife. I was singing the words the entire time and Tim looked right at me, nodded and gave me a little smile. I was an 18 year old kid at the time and after seeing over 650 bands live, that still holds up as one of the coolest moments in my concert going life. I'm sure there's going to be people more deserving of this but it would be awesome to get this package. It would also be cool to have this vinyl start my collection. I always wanted to start but kept putting it off.
11:02 AM on 09/12/13
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
I deserve this because I've been supporting this band and paying my dues as a fan for 9 years straight now. First hearing Siren Song of the Counter Culture back then changed my perception of music forever. I immediately checked out RPM and fell in love all over again. I have countless good and nostalgic memories of this band, and winning this would just push those good feelings to a new level. I really want this.
11:04 AM on 09/12/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
How about fastest fingers contest??? Dammit.

Edit: oops should of read the entire post haha.
you're hereby disqualified from internet

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version