AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Dangerous Summer News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Show Review: The Dangerous Summer with Tommy & The High Pilots

Posted by - 11:59 AM on 09/12/13
Read our write up of the September 8th Austin stop of The Dangerous Summer's album release tour with Tommy & The High Pilots.
Whether you’re an old fan, casual listener, or just heard “Catholic Girls” and enjoyed it, this tour is definitely worth going to. The Dangerous Summer plays a great mix of material, while opener Tommy & The High Pilots heightens the bar for future live shows.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
12:03 PM on 09/12/13
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm seeing them in London and I'm so psyched. I don't listen to as many bands from this scene any more as I used to, but they've really got me with the latest album. Can't wait.
12:09 PM on 09/12/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
High Pilots!!!!!! <3

was at this tour a few nights ago, very fun
12:49 PM on 09/12/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I've always been curious about seeing these guys. They seem like they'd put on a really good show. But, I think if there weren't any amusing between song banter (ahem Cody Payne) I might be let down.
01:03 PM on 09/12/13
niclliot25
User Info.
I've always been curious about seeing these guys. They seem like they'd put on a really good show. But, I think if there weren't any amusing between song banter (ahem Cody Payne) I might be let down.
Seen them three times this year and I don't think Cody talked once during any of the sets.
01:10 PM on 09/12/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Seen them three times this year and I don't think Cody talked once during any of the sets.
Lost all interest in seeing them live...Ha I was really joking with that, I still want to check them out though.
01:10 PM on 09/12/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.

Same. Last year as well. AJ does most of the talking and even that is not a lot.
01:54 PM on 09/12/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Same. Last year as well. AJ does most of the talking and even that is not a lot.
None of them said during the show. I think AJ talked maybe once.
02:26 PM on 09/12/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
i saw TDS at waped tour one year because I was curious. i'm sure many people will agree with me on but bands playing under the "canopy" in the amitheatre always sound wayyyyy to reverberated and muddled. That said, need to see the band in a club and put their drama antics on a shelf for a rainy day.
02:44 PM on 09/12/13
*dannyg*
dannygcanfly
User Info.
I've seen them 7 times in the past 4 years, & Cody has never spoken a word during their set...Also, I only caught 3 songs from Tommy & the High Pilots at this show, & I'm really bummed I didn't see the whole set, they were awesome.
02:47 PM on 09/12/13
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah Cody didn't say a word in Atlanta either, AJ talked a little bit in ATL
03:29 PM on 09/12/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
None of them said during the show. I think AJ talked maybe once.
so bummed i missed this. heard the show was rad. I've still yet to run into you since coming down here, but I've seen you sporting an AP.net shirt at shows in Dallas. weird, specially considering you are a comm school student as well.
03:38 PM on 09/12/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
so bummed i missed this. heard the show was rad. I've still yet to run into you since coming down here, but I've seen you sporting an AP.net shirt at shows in Dallas. weird, specially considering you are a comm school student as well.
No way haha. Yeah I'm a sophomore at UT - we'll have to hang!
04:03 PM on 09/12/13
ACA
Next Show: Balance & Composure @ NY
User Info.
Their new album is pretty good, first time they've done anything interesting. If they play a lot from it, I'd consider going.
04:40 PM on 09/12/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Their new album is pretty good, first time they've done anything interesting. If they play a lot from it, I'd consider going.
Set list:
Catholic Girls
Where I Want To Be
The Permanent Rain
Miles Apart
War Paint
Siren
Honestly
No One’s Gonna Need You More
Knives
Sins
Of Confidence
Northern Lights (can't remember order but they played it near end)
Never Feel Alone
Work In Progress

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests