Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
04:24 PM on 09/16/13
SiCtHuG
Butch Walker = God
User Info.
This has always been my least favourite Butch record, I just could never get into it. When I first the live recording of 'Passed Your Place.." I thought it was the best song Butch had ever written. It was just so raw, so emotional. The recorded version just doesn't do it justice.
11:06 PM on 09/16/13
SiCtHuG
Butch Walker = God
User Info.
I think he does overproduce this record a bit. He had it almost entirely done, but wasn't happy with it, so he cancelled his tour and went back to do a re-record. I really wonder what that original record sounded like. I don't think it's a problem that impacts every song, but I think it hurts "Passed Your Place" more than anything else. That song is so, so good live, but on record, it's probably my least favorite track. The vocals don't feel as raw as they should.
Exactly my thoughts. The first live version I heard was incredible, but I was so disappointed by the album version. The song had so much potential but I agree that it was over-produced. The album version with just vocals and piano, really stripped down would've been amazing.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests