Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
11:29 AM on 09/16/13
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
Haha, the rapping was awesome.

Dig the song. Liked that it was heavy in the beginning, then rode out that Tilian part until the end. Great melody.
01:40 PM on 09/16/13
Micah511
User Info.
That Mess part around 2 minutes before it goes crazy sounds a lot like Need Money, I think.
Won't be as good as DBMII, which was a great record, regardless of what anyone says.
It just wasn't memorable. Jonny ran out of hooks about 3 albums ago, and I literally can't remember a single standout part in that whole record. It was just long, and boring, pretty hard to get through.

Both of these songs got stuck in my head after I heard them once.
07:17 PM on 09/16/13
Micah511
User Info.
I'm still not one to praise a semi wigger douchebag but I too think the only time Jonny has ever shown any type of skill or memorable vocals were on the DBM albums. Anyone that tries to say this extremely produced vocalist they have now is better and more likable is only doing so to hate Jonny Craig. He does deserve hate, but not about his singing which is the only reason anyone even knows his name.

I wasn't knocking Jonny as a vocalist at all. I honestly enjoy most of what's he been a part of, DGD and Emarosa, but I was honestly let down by his parts in DBM2, not because of his voice lacking, but because his parts weren't memorable. I have absolutely no problem saying Tilian writes better hooks than Jonny. If you listen to Tides of Man and his solo record, it's full of great songwriting.

I would love to be proven wrong with Jonny's solo record. I think with someone helping him write songs, he has great potential.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS