Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Long-Running South Florida Venue Looking for Help

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (09/20/13)
The owner of a long-running local venue and recording studio called The Talent Farm in Pembroke Pines, FL is currently seeking a new investor or partner to take over running the establishment. In the short term, they are looking for some help to stay afloat while the future of the venue takes shape. If you'd like to help, you can donate and equally as important for those living in the South Florida area, please share the news. The Talent Farm is not only a prime location for local South Florida bands to play, but has hosted shows by many AP.net favorites such as The Wonder Years, Title Fight, Balance and Composure, Fireworks, Man Overboard and too many more to name. Chances are that most of these bands that are now large enough to headline their own tours have played here while they were up and coming. This is also the venue that offers live streaming of all their shows online for free.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
11:15 AM on 09/20/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I'm from Pembroke Pines. I grew up in a house that's a five-minute drive from Talent Farm and this is the place where every band in the area wants to play when they become a band. So many towns have places like this and I'm sure plenty of you guys have seen local venues come and go. I hope they can figure out a good way to move forward and find someone cool to take it over because the current owner is a great, great human.
11:18 AM on 09/20/13
gabrielM
User Info.
This hurts. I love the talent farm. I've played there a lot with my band and have seen so many bands I really love there. It's the only venue of it's kind for this type of music in the area. Kevin is the best guy ever. Hopefully people can help out. Gonna try to donate soon.
12:20 PM on 09/20/13
youenvydoug
#justiceforbrandon
User Info.
This sucks so hard. Even though I live so far away from it, everyone I've ever talked to only has great things to say about TTF.
12:25 PM on 09/20/13
Noodlemane
User Info.
I don't know how I haven't been to a show there, I've only heard great things about this place. Hope to still get the chance
12:29 PM on 09/20/13
sergioisevil
User Info.
Along with Churchills, The Talent Farm is the most important venue for local bands in South Florida. I've seen so many amazing bands here that I don't know where to begin and there's really no place like it. I'll give what I can.
01:20 PM on 09/20/13
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Mr. Burns and his son have been crucial to the SoFL music scene for years, all the while supporting the bands and keeping things DIY. I hope they figure out a way to stay afloat.
01:29 PM on 09/20/13
betweenvega
one two three fo fiffffffffffffffff
User Info.
This is really sad to hear. Just about every single band that's played there LOVES it. The Wonder Years played a song dedicated to the Talent Farm at Warped Tour.

On Tuesday, Balance and Composure and Title Fight came through South Florida, and just about every band mentioned how much they love Talent Farm.

When Modern Baseball was on the way down, Ian texted me and said that everyone was stoked to come and play.

I really wish there was something I could do. I've only lived here for 2 years and in that time I've seen La Dispute, Pianos Become the Teeth, All Get Out, Make Do and Mend, Diamond Youth, Balance and Composure, Candy Hearts, The Jealous Sound, Daylight, Modern Baseball, Real Friends, and many more play. It's a sick venue and they truly treat the musicians like family.
02:33 PM on 09/20/13
mrzippo3
User Info.
I still watch their shows online! noooo
02:57 PM on 09/20/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
This place is where everyone in South Florida starts going to shows, cuts their teeth in bands, and make amazing new friends. It's a landmark.
03:28 PM on 09/20/13
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Love this place. Hopefully it doesn't go anywhere.
04:54 PM on 09/20/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
I've played at The Talent Farm back when I lived in Florida. I've seen This Is Hell and Moving Mountains there. Hope it stays.
06:48 PM on 09/20/13
absolution
User Info.
how much $?
07:27 PM on 09/20/13
Montauk1222
Your 3-time APWP Champion
User Info.
Hope this plays stays afloat, going to be moving down to that area pretty soon (hopefully) and having a venue where bands I listen to will actually go would be sweet.
10:34 PM on 09/20/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Definitely too far from the venue, but even here in texas people that have been to Florida and the Talent Farm have nothing but great things to say about this venue and their live streams are rad. hope for the best.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests